uniqs
share rss forum feed

k2rj
Premium
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: Samsung DVR Probs & Ques

No, nothing covering the vents...btw, the reason for the last boot was "watchdog". I agree that I would normally think that the box was bad. But I've spoken with several of my friends in the area who have been experiencing the same symptoms and another friend of mine who works for B-H tells me they are in the middle of a huge plant upgrade in the area. But if I continue to have daily failures, I will bite the bullet and replace the box..

Thanks!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
said by k2rj:

No, nothing covering the vents...btw, the reason for the last boot was "watchdog". I agree that I would normally think that the box was bad. But I've spoken with several of my friends in the area who have been experiencing the same symptoms and another friend of mine who works for B-H tells me they are in the middle of a huge plant upgrade in the area. But if I continue to have daily failures, I will bite the bullet and replace the box..

Thanks!

Impact from such upgrades would not happen during normal hours or the timeframes that you mentioned above so that is not causing you the issue. Open a direct forums thread and let me check everything and make sure something else isn't going on BEFORE you replace the box.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

k2rj
Premium
Cape Canaveral, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by k2rj:

Thanks!

Impact from such upgrades would not happen during normal hours or the timeframes that you mentioned above so that is not causing you the issue. Open a direct forums thread and let me check everything and make sure something else isn't going on BEFORE you replace the box.

Will do! Thanks,

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to k2rj
k2rj........If you can, let us all know the outcome. As I have written, similar problems are being experienced by many as evidenced by your friends and neighbors...... BHN has been to my home several times, all checks fine.....so there are many of us that really would be interested in your outcome. By the way, my neighbor did change out a Box.....he continues with recording and playback issues....... I really believe many of these issues are known and the people at BHN are working on the causes and fixes.......

BHNtechXpert....on the Register thing-ie......I have a registration, too lazy to lookup password and too lazy many times to Login..... (Green).

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Cisco Kid :

k2rj........If you can, let us all know the outcome. As I have written, similar problems are being experienced by many as evidenced by your friends and neighbors...... BHN has been to my home several times, all checks fine.....so there are many of us that really would be interested in your outcome. By the way, my neighbor did change out a Box.....he continues with recording and playback issues....... I really believe many of these issues are known and the people at BHN are working on the causes and fixes.......

BHNtechXpert....on the Register thing-ie......I have a registration, too lazy to lookup password and too lazy many times to Login..... (Green).

LOL
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to k2rj
k2rj...

Anything you could share with as to your Outcome that would help others.....thanks?

k2rj
Premium
Cape Canaveral, FL
said by Cisco Kid :

k2rj...

Anything you could share with as to your Outcome that would help others.....thanks?

Since the "meltdown" last week (actually since Tuesday) all has been well with the Samsung. Shows scheduled to record have recorded and there have been no playback issues and no "watchdog" reboots. I never experienced anything during the "outage", but we seldom watch TV during the daytime (until 4 p.m. or so) anyway. By that time, it had been sorted. If anything else happens, I'll report back.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by k2rj:

said by Cisco Kid :

k2rj...

Since the "meltdown" last week (actually since Tuesday) all has been well with the Samsung. Shows scheduled to record have recorded and there have been no playback issues and no "watchdog" reboots. I never experienced anything during the "outage", but we seldom watch TV during the daytime (until 4 p.m. or so) anyway. By that time, it had been sorted. If anything else happens, I'll report back.

Still good?
--

k2rj
Premium
Cape Canaveral, FL
Except for the "stuck clock" problem the other day that was fixed by a reboot, all has been well!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by k2rj:

Except for the "stuck clock" problem the other day that was fixed by a reboot, all has been well!

Very good and thank you for the update!
--