spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Win7user

@anonymouse.org

[WIN7] Taskbar popups

Hi all, we're running Win7 pro 64Bit with aero disabled and have been searching for a resolve that would disable the popups that appear on the status bar when the cursor hovers over the taskbar icons. At times Windows will group/stack all instances although the "Never combine" option is checked under Taskbar properties.
Is there a fix for this? We've looked through GP editor several times and just hoping we've simply overlooked an option.

Thanks.

Example below:

»anonfiles.com/file/158358eafb34a···e879723e

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

I'm not in Windows 7 right now (doing testing in Windows 8), but I do recall an option in the taskbar properties about Aero Peek.

Even though you have Aero disabled, the "Peek" option may still be checked. Microsoft is kind of odd about things like that, you may have to disable Aero Peek on that screen, and then go disable Aero all together to get the effect that you want.

--Brian

Win7user

@anonymouse.org

Thanks for the reply plencnerb.
The option to enable peek (in Taskbar properties) is grayed out.
Nothing becomes transparent, no animations...almost runs like Xp.

This is especially annoying when trying to use the find feature in Firefox. That text window "floats" on top of the find box.

Thanks again.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

That is what I was getting at. The option would be grayed out, as you turned off Aero. However, is the option checked or unchecked?

If it is checked, and you cannot change it (as its disabled), that could be why it still "on", and what I was getting at in terms of Microsoft strange functionally. When you turned off Aero, it should not only disable that functionally, but it should uncheck the box if its checked!

If that's not the case, then I'm not sure why you are still seeing the pop-ups like you are.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Win7user

@anonymouse.org

The Aero peek box is not checked.

I may have confused this by even mentioning Aero as the only thing in common (from googLin) with this behavior and Aero is the popups. Where (I assume) the thumbnail preview is part of Aero and this text box we are getting is part of Win7??
....I guess I'm sol....

Thanks again.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Win7user

I kind of liked them.. am assuming you already found this and it didn't work but will post it in case I am wrong.

»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···37cf969d