join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to rocca

Re: New packages are available

said by rocca:

said by Guru:

I am disappointed and that's mainly because of low Usage offering by Start.

We still have high usage plans, we simply bumped the speed up for the same price but had to reduce the caps by 50GB because of the unworkable capacity price. Even now it's still a loss in Cogeco areas until the capacity rate is fixed.

And to respect all our existing customers, we grandfathered anyone that wants to stay with what they originally ordered.

You reduced 150 GB for 30meg profile, how is that 50 GB reduced?

As said before, what's the point of Higher Speeds when usage is so less?

But thanks for grandfathering existing customers I guess....

Still disappointed at this change though...

vonSchroeder

join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON
said by Guru:

said by rocca:

said by Guru:

I am disappointed and that's mainly because of low Usage offering by Start.

We still have high usage plans, we simply bumped the speed up for the same price but had to reduce the caps by 50GB because of the unworkable capacity price. Even now it's still a loss in Cogeco areas until the capacity rate is fixed.

And to respect all our existing customers, we grandfathered anyone that wants to stay with what they originally ordered.

As said before, what's the point of Higher Speeds when usage is so less?

But thanks for grandfathering existing customers I guess....

Still disappointed at this change though...

You are looking at it in terms of speed profile but I believe Rocca was talking about it in terms of package and price. The $49.95 package (Advanced) went from 300 GB to 250 GB (so a 50 GB reduction), but the speed went from 20/1.5 to 30/2.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to Guru
said by Guru:

And it went down $10/mo too.

The Pro in Cogeco area was definitely the most impacted one, the rest are basically same price, higher speed, 50GB less. The difference with Pro is that the price went up $20, but for that it's almost double the speed with 350GB.

No one has to change anything though, ie you still get exactly what you ordered.

I know some people were hoping that we could just roll out higher speeds and keep the price and caps the same but unfortunately the costs just don't shake out that way. Once the Commission fixes the capacity costs we'll have a lot more flexibility, but we can only eat $26,950/mo (plus backhaul, plus transit) per gig for so long...

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
As you mentioned, Pro in Cogeco area got a big hit and did not expect that you will lower the usage altogether.

I guess you did what you had to do! Let's wait for the commission then...

dwane
I recommend Start.ca

join:2003-10-08
Pembroke, ON
reply to rocca
said by rocca:

but we can only eat $26,950/mo (plus backhaul, plus transit) per gig for so long...

Ugh that must suck... incumbents getting fat off your hard work, Rocca...
--
"There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous men." - Sgt. Zim.