how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anamer

join:2011-11-03
Tampa, FL

[TV] Controlling volume through DVR with remote

I'm trying to use some external speakers with one of my DVRs in a bedroom. No special audio system involved, just a pair of speakers connected to the audio out ports on the back of the box.

I've gone to Settings>Devices>Audio Coding Format and changed it to "Dolby AC-3". This successfully cut audio from the TV's built in speakers and output the sound to the external speakers.

The problem is the remote continues to only control the volume of the TV, even though the cable device button is chosen. It still lights up the TV device button when i try to change the volume. I can increase/decrease the volume of the DVR using the volume buttons on the DVR itself, but it'd be nice to control it using the remote.

I would just connect the speakers to the TV itself, but the TV in question (Samsung LN32D403) has no audio outputs at all. Is there any way to control the volume through the DVR using the remote?

Thanks

CableGuRu

join:2012-03-02
Geneva, FL

1 recommendation

hold Setup until the light blinks twice

press 993 and the light will blink some more

then press the CBL button at the top

that will set the master volume control to the cable box...however...there is also a setting in the box that you must change from "Fixed" to "Variable" in order for the box to respond to the volume command from the remote.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:156
reply to anamer
Good answer Guru also please see your PM when you get a moment.

anamer

join:2011-11-03
Tampa, FL
reply to CableGuRu
Thanks for the reply. Worked perfectly!