uniqs

Door2Door
@videotron.ca

Door2Door to Readme

Anon

to Readme

Re: 2 Bell agents try to convince me to switch from Videotron

said by Readme:

1. Bell just sent 2 sales agents at my door to convince me to switch from Videotron. They were quite aggressive I would say.
First thing I asked them was: "What? You're losing so many clients now that you need to show up to their door to sell them your services?"

2. It pissed them off right on the spot, and they started bashing videotron and their "700,000 clients" vs "4 Milion bell clients".

3. They came in with the idea that I knew nothing about providers. Pretty soon, we were discussing speeds and connection signals, and I made them talk about FTTH.
They told me Bell started offering FTTH about a month ago in Montreal Nord. I looked at him a bit dazzled, not sure what to answer but quite sure he was lying just to get out of my technical specific questions. Can anybody confirm this?

4. Of course, now that I had the occasion I had to go ranting about throttling. They started by pretending they don't know what that means. When I explained them what it means, they changed the subject.

5. We continued going back and forth about all the aspects why I won't switch to Bell, including all the reviews around here and the bill errors, and ended up with me asking for their card to contact them "in case I become interested". They refused to give me a card and only waived their Bell badge in my face saying they are not allowed to give a card, and that in this sector they are offering "special prices". So I asked them to tell me about their so "special prices". They offered me Fibe 25 for 49.95$/month. When I asked how is that different from what's currently displayed on their website, they said they don't know what price is on the website but this is a special offer they're making me, while heading towards the door, knowing they'd never make a sale here.

6. What is this new practice? I understood them sending me tons of offers by snail mail, calling me every week until I put my number on the no calling list, but now they're showing up at my door? How desperate are these people?

1. Check with your city, and check with the Office de la protection du consommateur (»www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/) about door-2-door sales. Unlike door-2-door solicitation in Ontario, in many cases these sales people need a permit which the *have* to show you.

No permit = fine

If you are in a city that requires this (check the city by-laws webpage), then you should make a formal complaint in writing.

2. Why did they compare Videotron *provincial* number to Bell Country-wide numbers? Fact of the matter is, Videotron has more. They lied to you.

3. That is the Bell way, try and dazzle you by saying we have this and that, then they forget to tell you that you can never get it. Same old story. Years worth of this in the Bell forum here. Most all lies and more lies. Lies are Bell's strongest point. I believe they do indeed have the most lies. More than videotron, that's for sure!

4. Are you surprised? It didn't fit in with their Bell lies. Best to pretend it doesn't exist.

5. Refer to #1. I don't believe they can do this. You may also want to contact the local police so they can put a twitter notice up to warn people.

6. How desperate are these people? Very. Bell stated they were very desperate in media releases to get back in the #1 spot in Quebec. And as usual they will break the law, commit fraud, break by-laws and laws, and lie to your face to do it. Nothing new here. Same old.

Hope I answered a couple of your questions. Now go look into the by-laws and the consumer link. Then call the cops and file a complaint. I think you know why they had no card to give you while at your door now.
Readme
join:2010-05-18

Readme

@Door2Door, thanks for the replies.
I just spoke to a friend and he raised up the question:
"What if they weren't actually from Bell, and were just trying to commit fraud by getting me to sign up with them and paying something on the spot or just collecting my personal information for identity theft purposes?"

It got me thinking because for
1: They didn't come in a Bell branded car, it was a personal dark red Buick (from what I could see from my door).
2: They refused to give me a business card when I asked.
3: They did have bell badges hanging from their necks in a plastic cover but I couldn't read them.
4: One of them left me a bell Fibe TV pamphlet (even though he was there to sell me internet connection) with his first name "Nabil" and his personal cell phone number which traces back to Rogers. (isn't that hilarious?).
For the record they both had arabic accents, and one of them confirmed to be Moroccan.

Should I be worried and call the police?

Door2Door
@videotron.ca

Door2Door

Anon

Chances are they were selling Bell stuff, who knows.

Check by-laws. If a permit is required, filed the complaint with both the city and cops. Let them get a file. They'll find them.

It's not often I hear of Montreal area door-2-door Bell rep's. You hear this often in Ontario though. But years back some people would do this. Bell would give people a small cut, or free access for X-users they brought in. So some people would go door-2-door. Lies and BS were ripe (still is in Ontario). Anything to make a sale to a sucker. Once the sale is done, they don't care. They just want their small cut or free access from Bell. And Bell allows this to go on.

Stand-up company, ay?

As for a "badge". heh. I never heard of a "bell badge" (keystone cops??). If some kid waved a plastic bell badge in my face I would tell them where to go.
Expand your moderator at work
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc to Readme

to Readme

Re: 2 Bell agents try to convince me to switch from Videotron

said by Readme:

"What if they weren't actually from Bell, and were just trying to commit fraud by getting me to sign up with them and paying something on the spot or just collecting my personal information for identity theft purposes?"

1: They didn't come in a Bell branded car, it was a personal dark red Buick (from what I could see from my door).
3: They did have bell badges hanging from their necks in a plastic cover but I couldn't read them.
4: One of them left me a bell Fibe TV pamphlet (even though he was there to sell me internet connection) with his first name "Nabil" and his personal cell phone number which traces back to Rogers. (isn't that hilarious?).
For the record they both had arabic accents, and one of them confirmed to be Moroccan.

Call Bell and ask them if he works for them (giving them his employee number, his name, etc).

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron to Readme

Premium Member

to Readme
said by Readme:

Wonder if it was the same "Nabil" from Hamilton?