Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to bchandler02

Re: [OK] Another day, another Cox outage

Sorry for the delayed response.. surprise.. I'm offline again. Now working off my Verizon hotspot because I have work to do and it's more reliable (sad).

OK, so you say it doesn't respond but my neighbors do. How can that be possible?

When I emailed the Cox CEO in November to hopefully put this behind us, I had multiple people come out. They went and purchased a brand new retail SB6121, and rewired EVERYTHING, including the burial cable to the pedestal. They also fixed some main line noise, etc.

I have about a 40 ft run underground from the pedestal up to the box on my house. In the box, it goes through the usual grounding block and filter, and then out. That run is about 6ft down the side of my house, thru the wall into a faceplate. Then, I have about 4ft of cable inside between the wall and the modem. No splitters. Everything is 100% new. About a month ago, they even dug up the pedestal behind my fence and said it was bad, and replaced some stuff there.

So what is it that they missed? If it is just my house, it has to be between that pedestal and my modem, and not on the main line, correct?

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77
Unless there's some bizarre problem at the tap itself logic would dictate that the problem is specific to your residence. What all do you have connected to your coax cabling?

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK
Nothing connected. See above where I detailed out what my run is. No surge protectors, no TVs, no splitters, nothing. I am an HSI customer only.

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77
That is very strange indeed. Something appears to be taking down at least layer 3 connectivity to the modem.