Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·FreePhoneLine
·Videotron
reply to itguy05

Re: Another Reason to Not Use CFLs...

It's kinda strange that your LED gets hot because i have both Light buld led and GU10 led and the are warm but not hot. I can remove them by hand. The buld and the GU10 are equivalent to 50w lights. I recently replace halogen GU10 because they were overheating the recessed socket in the ceiling. The LED are philips hue Lightbulb and stay warm to the touch from base to glass even at max power. Do you use dimmers with those ? some might not be dimmable.

--
- Technicien en informatique [A+]
- Chasseur d'orage

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

said by Hyrules:

It's kinda strange that your LED gets hot because i have both Light buld led and GU10 led and the are warm but not hot. I can remove them by hand. The buld and the GU10 are equivalent to 50w lights. I recently replace halogen GU10 because they were overheating the recessed socket in the ceiling. The LED are philips hue Lightbulb and stay warm to the touch from base to glass even at max power. Do you use dimmers with those ? some might not be dimmable.

No dimmers - just the regular old MR16's in Ecosmart from Home Depot. They are in a 5 fixture light and they seem to work fine (one buzzes and I'll get that swapped out) but do seem to get warm.