how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

janedeaux

join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS

my internet was broken

yesterday I had a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on my internet icon in the task bar. I could still access a few web pages, but most either didn't load or I got a timed out message. Couldn't access e-mail or google search. Carbonite wouldn't work or virus updates. I tried everything I knew to fix the problem, bypassed the router, restarted the modem, changed the eithernet cable, disabled web acceleration, reset the router. Nothing worked. Finally called India. The "tech support" guy tried everything he knew. Said he was increasing my power, still nothing. He gave me a case # and said someone in upper tier would call within 2 days (yeah, sure)...........in disgust I took a nap. When I woke up, the little triangle was gone, all pages loaded and fast. My take, someone in upper tier read the report and made some adjustments. Today, the weather is highly overcast and rainy, but my computer is flying! I wish we could find out what was done so we could request it!

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

good luck on that one as hughes never says anything.

janedeaux

Yazoo City, MS

that's why I'm not holding my breath waiting for a phone call!

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to janedeaux

I really hate the fact that they hide the fix from there own customers.. I come over here to DSLR and look at other forums thats envolved with DSL or broadband internet and you know what i see in just about every forum with a problem? The tech talking about the fix and how he fixed and what exactly what went wrong, this makes no sense to me except that hughes is just being plan lazy.

Usually I do the same janedeaux, I take myself a 5 hour nap in the daytime (when connection is completely unusable) and then wake up and check up on it and its back to working, no one called hughes, hughes did not call us.. The modem literately fixed the issue on its own is what we believe that happened.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying
or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

Raminto

join:2006-02-28
Whitehorse, YT
reply to janedeaux

Maybe it is just your router giving you the yellow triangle??
And: I do not think that someone from India is able to increase anything....
--
DW7000/.98m/2watt/Horizon1/1381 /Linksys wireless/Thinkpad XP pro/Toughbook CF-28 XP pro/Asus P53e, Win7Pro.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

said by Raminto:

Maybe it is just your router giving you the yellow triangle??
And: I do not think that someone from India is able to increase anything....

Raminto

It's not the router giving the yellow triangle, it's Hughes giving the finger!

janedeaux

Yazoo City, MS
reply to Raminto

it was never the router, but I troubleshot it anyway. the reason I am sure the router was ok is because my computer is hardwired into the router, hubby's is bluetooth. His reception was better than mine, although not as good as it should have been.

janedeaux

Yazoo City, MS

I never got the "phone call," (why am I not surprised?) I am convinced that someone in an upper tier got the case notes, made some adjustments, and voila!

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

said by janedeaux:

I never got the "phone call," (why am I not surprised?) I am convinced that someone in an upper tier got the case notes, made some adjustments, and voila!

And after about a month things will go back to the way it was. In your case and everyone else's I hope not.

janedeaux

Yazoo City, MS
reply to janedeaux

It sorta disgusts me that HN is constantly running a tv ad touting the new Gen 4 to new potential customers and they can't even service the ones they already have. What a crock!

Raminto

join:2006-02-28
Whitehorse, YT
reply to janedeaux

said by janedeaux:

it was never the router, but I troubleshot it anyway. the reason I am sure the router was ok is because my computer is hardwired into the router, hubby's is bluetooth. His reception was better than mine, although not as good as it should have been.

If you really want to troubleshoot it: Take the router completely out of the picture - even with hardwired to it. Connect the computer directly to the modem.
--
DW7000/.98m/2watt/Horizon1/1381 /Linksys wireless/Thinkpad XP pro/Toughbook CF-28 XP pro/Asus P53e, Win7Pro.

janedeaux

Yazoo City, MS

Raminto, I did that, along with any other thing I could think of

janedeaux

Yazoo City, MS
reply to janedeaux

spoke to India 1/14/13. Expected a call back within two days. Finally got one today 1/21. Caller ID said "answwer group." Now I guess they are outsourcing upper tier too! They just wanted to know if my problem had been fixed.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to janedeaux

With the amount of calls HughesNet gets from customers, they probably can't afford to pay that many employees in the states.