spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Frustrated

@bhn.net

cable service

Both of my TV's were out. I called customer service and I waited for 40 minutes never got through. I went on line to live chat and never got a response. Bright house has the worst customer service. It is extremely difficult to speak to anyone. As a responsible consumer I expect excellent service. I want to speak to someone not a machine.

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1

Just be patient. We're all having some issues this morning and getting upset won't help or fix it. It'll be resolved it just takes time.

Nick123456

join:2009-12-27
Satellite Beach, FL

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a house full of cable boxes offline. Cape Canaveral here, Also confirmed with my mother in Indian Harbour Beach.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146
reply to Frustrated

No need to call in... we are aware and apologies for the difficulty reaching us this morning.

nickill

@bhn.net
reply to Frustrated

My BH cable in Deland went out around 1:00am. Error code IA01

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Frustrated

Please do NOT reboot your boxes at this time. I will update you when things change.

There is no need to call in...we are aware and I will update you as needed.

techman01

join:2010-10-19

Looks like Brighthouse bricked all the cable boxes when they sent an update out last night. Classic.

gijills

@nasa.gov
reply to BHNtechXpert

Any updates?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to techman01

said by techman01:

Looks like Brighthouse bricked all the cable boxes when they sent an update out last night. Classic.

No that would not be correct.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Frustrated

Some Bright House Networks customers may be experiencing problems with their cable boxes. Very early this morning we were performing pre-planned upgrade maintenance to our network to improve and increase performance. It is taking longer for some boxes to come back on line in parts of Orlando and Deland. We apologize for any inconveniences to our customers. We expect to be back to normal soon.

MarkSCB

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

OK, then they smart-bricked some of the boxes. In parts of Orlando, Deland, and Brevard county.

John H

@gblx.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Stuff happens. We will all survive a day without TV. However, it would be appropriate for Brighthouse to communicate such issues with a simple notice posted on their Home Page or a blurb at the News 13 website. So much effort is spent telling us how wonderful it is to live in a Brighthouse and touting JD Power Awards. Likewise, CFNews13 is always trying to push us to their website for relevant info. This is an opportunity missed to live up to the endless marketing hype.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MarkSCB

said by MarkSCB :

OK, then they smart-bricked some of the boxes. In parts of Orlando, Deland, and Brevard county.

Again no...

Whats happening is in my post above yours.

Aetherfyre

@bhn.net

My box says there was an error downloading the app, not that it's having trouble coming back on or that it's slow, it says error.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Frustrated

Please do not reboot your box at this time...I will update you shortly.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Frustrated

Things are recovering quickly now...please do not reboot your boxes still however. Thank you again for being patient today....

aetherfyre

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Cable is restores, thank you!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
reply to Frustrated

You're welcome and thank you again all for being patient today...

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
reply to Frustrated

My cable box IS ALIVE!!! Thank you!
--
giz~

Professor W

@mindspring.com
reply to BHNtechXpert

Your really should have done a public service announcement as to your difficulties and expected resolve time. Maybe next time?

Edgewater FL

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

1:58pm & my cable is still OUT. When will I be restored?

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

It's coming back slowly. Just be patient .

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Frustrated

Okay folks...if your box has not returned to normal operation by now please go ahead and reboot the box.

Swindle
Shattered Dreams

join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL
reply to Frustrated

Still taking some time after powering up the set-tops (longer than usual - up to 10 min) ... Would leave them on but heard they are energy hogs when left on 24/7 ...
--
B-Movie DVDs