Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by DarkLogix:

YAY hip hip horray
the crap has been killed.

It wasn't that great but it also wasn't that bad. It was a good filler show. I guess Continuum or Defiance will replace it. Now if only Revolution will die. That show is terrible!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I was once watching something that made a good point on the use of "isn't so bad"

"whenever someone try's talking you into something by saying it isn't so bad it really is."

You say it wasn't so bad, yes it was.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by DarkLogix:

I was once watching something that made a good point on the use of "isn't so bad"

"whenever someone try's talking you into something by saying it isn't so bad it really is."

It was such a good point you can't even remember where you seen or heard it. That's the stuff of legend right there!

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
said by Draiman:

said by DarkLogix:

YAY hip hip horray

It wasn't that great but it also wasn't that bad. It was a good filler show. I guess Continuum or Defiance will replace it. Now if only Revolution will die. That show is terrible!

I'm hoping Revolution, if canceled gets to wrap up. It has a lot of flaws, but I kinda like it, because I tend to like the "Life after the end of civilization" type of stories.
Sadly, they don't seem to be popular with many people.

Jeremiah was a decent show.
Jericho was also decent.
Logan's Run [TV series] was good.
Planet of the Apes [TV series] was also ok.

Those are about the only 4 TV series I can think of that come close to Revolution.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

said by Draiman:

said by DarkLogix:

YAY hip hip horray

I'm hoping Revolution, if canceled gets to wrap up. It has a lot of flaws, but I kinda like it, because I tend to like the "Life after the end of civilization" type of stories.

Jeremiah was a decent show.
Jericho was also decent.
Logan's Run [TV series] was good.
Planet of the Apes [TV series] was also ok.

Those are about the only 4 TV series I can think of that come close to Revolution.

I like end of the world type scenarios too, but the writing has to make sense. I watched four episodes of Revolution, really wanted to like it, but it was just so bad.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 edit

Draiman

said by TheBionic:

I like end of the world type scenarios too, but the writing has to make sense. I watched four episodes of Revolution, really wanted to like it, but it was just so bad.

It reminded me of Terra Nova.
»www.examiner.com/article ··· rra-nova

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
said by Draiman:

said by DarkLogix:

It was such a good point you can't even remember where you seen or heard it. That's the stuff of legend right there!

It was the message that was important not the messenger.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by DarkLogix:

said by Draiman:

said by DarkLogix:

It was the message that was important not the messenger.

It's just a vaporware message right now. The stuff of myth and legend!

Joey1973
@verizon.net

Joey1973 to DarkLogix

Anon

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

How would you know? I mean, I have to presume you don't watch shows that you think are "bad", so you didn't actually watch the show. (You may have watched the first and/or second episode, but that clearly isn't enough to know whether a show is--in its entirety--bad. Either way, your personal preference doesn't actually make a show bad. All you've really said is that you don't like it, and your liking or not liking something doesn't make it good or bad. And I don't think anyone is trying to talk you into anything; rather, just stating that your personal preference is not a determining factor in whether or not something is "good" or "bad".)

(This was on SyFy? ...didn't know they still had sci-fi on SyFy--thought they gave up entirely on the genre in favor of, well, anything else. For SyFy, this show would be better than "good".)

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I kinda liked it too but I think the broadcast time was bad. It was on at the same time as monday night football and I think more people just chose to watch football (ie: me). I got 3? episodes in when I stopped and tbh I wouldn't want to just jump back into the series after missing a bunch of episodes.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Joey1973

Premium Member

to Joey1973
I saw enough of it to judge it as trash, Sanctuary was much better.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by DarkLogix:

I liked Sanctuary. That's one they shouldn't have cancelled. I think Stargate: Universe was boring but they need to bring Stargate back in some form. SG1 and Atlantis were both good.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

said by Snakeoil:

I kinda liked it too but I think the broadcast time was bad. It was on at the same time as monday night football and I think more people just chose to watch football (ie: me). I got 3? episodes in when I stopped and tbh I wouldn't want to just jump back into the series after missing a bunch of episodes.

The part I made bolder is why I hate watching TV. Fox is famous for killing news shows. They start them up in September, only to week them for the baseball play offs and world series. Then Fox is puzzled as to why a once "hot" show is now cold, then they cancel it. Last year, I recorded all the fringe episodes on my DVR and watched them after the season ended. It was great as there was no gaps in the story line. Same goes with the other networks.
Hence why I love Netflix. They grab a show, and you can watch the whole season, with no commercials I might add, with no interruptions.
Now if the networks would shut their pies holes and give Hulu love, I would subscribe to Hulu plus in a heart beat, even if it was 20 bucks a month [though it would have to be very limited amount of commercials compared to now].
I would love to be able to hop onto Hulu [maybe Amazon Prime carries all the network shows?] and watch the series I like to watch, non-stop for the entire season.
Sadly the networks fail to realize this, and shoot themselves in the foot.
I'm not a sports person, hence why I hate it when my show gets bumped for a sports event. CBS is another example of killing shows in favor of sports. Consider sunday nights. They air a football game and then run the shows after that, shifted from their normal time slots. Which means I have to pay attention to the DVR to ensure I catch the shows I want.
PIA, when it's so much easier to torrent them.
Sorry for the rant.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

Lol I agree with you and I get frustrated with it too. I would've like to continue to watch Revolution but when the option of going out to a sports bar with friends is on the table also, after a few weeks of saying no, I go. Then a few weeks later I just said f-it, caught the tidbits of info on my espn fantasy app, and played xbox or went to bed early.

Mondayz r hard

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
said by Draiman:

said by DarkLogix:

I liked Sanctuary. That's one they shouldn't have cancelled. I think Stargate: Universe was boring but they need to bring Stargate back in some form. SG1 and Atlantis were both good.

SG:U S1 wasn't good but S2 started to get it going.
but even SG:U S1 was better than Alphas

Joey1973
@verizon.net

Joey1973 to Snakeoil

Anon

to Snakeoil
Network shows are only filler for the time between commercials.

Swindle
Shattered Dreams
join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL

Swindle

As time passes, this is true.

The same holds true for the NFL ... We watch 2 minute commercials so we can watch one play before the next batch of commercials hits out television screens.