spc
uniqs
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to morisato

to morisato

Re: Start Communications - New Packages

Rocca, why don't you guys offer usage blocks like Bell? A lot of Teksavvy users want to jump ship, but it seems they won't do so unless there are changes to the overusage charges. I think usage blocks would be good. No? 50 cents per GB is too much when Bell's 40GB usage block is like $5 or $10.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by geokilla:

Rocca, why don't you guys offer usage blocks like Bell? A lot of Teksavvy users want to jump ship, but it seems they won't do so unless there are changes to the overusage charges. I think usage blocks would be good. No? 50 cents per GB is too much when Bell's 40GB usage block is like $5 or $10.

Rumour has it that the CRTC decision should be out before end of February. Once we see what we have to work with then we'll likely have some more options such as usage blocks.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

said by rocca:

said by geokilla:

Rumour has it that the CRTC decision should be out before end of February. Once we see what we have to work with then we'll likely have some more options such as usage blocks.

But rumours are rumours... Wasn't there also rumours that a decision would be out before the world ended in 2012...?

Sometimes... this country.... ugh. Slowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by geokilla:

Wasn't there also rumours that a decision would be out before the world ended in 2012...?

Maybe that was plan 'a', ie hope the world ended - would have saved a lot of work.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to rocca

to rocca
I do hope you're keeping an eye on the looming migration from Teksavvy, which could result in the need for capacity upgrades over a very short period of time..

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

DrugTito

They already upgraded their capacity couple days ago.

... also, " we " were told that new uplinks will be added as well some time soon.
dadyoh
join:2013-01-17

dadyoh to rocca

to rocca
Hey rocca, I just talked to Start for the first time today and was impressed so for with how fast someone answered my call. I am using Rogers ultimate right now. I don't necessarily need the speed but still need some as we are gamers and are considering Netfilix, unlimited usage would have been nice. Was gonna go with Teksavvy till I saw you have faster speeds. The guy I talked to said they are not capping a max overusage with a max charge it is basically $.50/gig over no matter how high. Would you consider waiting to switch over and staying with Rogers till the CRTC ruling comes out?
By the way as others have stated thanks for all your info.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback and happy to help.

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by your question though, ie "Would you consider waiting to switch over and staying with Rogers till the CRTC?"

Thanks.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to geokilla

Premium Member

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

Oh, like you mean their UBB ?

Yes, at a fair rate per GB, there would BE no laments about UBB.

Unforunately, the unbridled greed of BH#$ELL and the other big guys ruined the public's interpretation of a once reasonable term.