Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to mets18

Premium Member

to mets18

Re: Verizon FIOS Battery Backup

said by mets18:

said by aaronwt:

Put your cordless phones on their own back up. I've been doing this since the 90's. And been able to use my cordless phones during a power outage.

Or just buy a regular old corded phone for $10 and keep it handy.

And be tethered to a line? I prefer to not use the phone if a corded phone is the option. I walk around and do other things while I'm on the phone. Which is difficult to do while tethered to the wall outlet.

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan

he meant for emergencies when power dies....not regular usage...
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to aaronwt

to aaronwt
I had a corded phone hooked up for five years and never used it since we never had an outage over a couple hours in that time. If we have an extended outage we may be able to still use our cell phone in an emergency, depending on the extent of the outage.

I am not concerned about the battery cost. Amazon has one for well under $20. I replaced my battery last year after about five years. I am a bit concerned with the replacement procedure. I'm over 80 and it's tough to lie down on the floor to replace the battery. The box is mounted just above the baseboard in our family room. Actually getting down isn't the problem; it's getting up afterwards

I first tried turning off the sound but a day later the alarm started buzzing again.