R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

[Forum page] HughesNet community

So I asked suz why Harry's posts are being taken down and then she replies with this:
Hi diablo, thanks for your post. In order to keep the community organized and to ensure that we do not miss any posts, we need to keep speed tests contained in the user's original thread instead of spread out all over the community in other poster's topics. Also, when a customer is already working with us on their concern, they need to give us a call instead of posting the same thing in the community over, and over again since we are not technical support. I hope this helps to explain why we remove specific posts. Suz

And i reply with:
Also what do you mean by "since we are not technical support." ? You are so technical support, this a technical support forum is'nt it? does'nt people with problems with there hughesnet come here and obtain help from you and sara and all the other reps? Sorry but this does'nt make since.

What does she mean?? Could it be that all reps over on the forum is just a bunch of random people from some help desk in an industrial building inside the so called "cubic holes" ? I'm confussed on this, also would love to hear someones response on this..
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying
or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

Suz is right there, its not "tech support". Or any other kind of support for that matter.

Myself, I went there last and removed all my posts myself.
They call it community support, I call it Hog Wash.

There is nothing to be learned there beyond the phone number for India.

I guess the thing that pushed me over the edge was the issue of coax.
Some of the uppity installers are REFUSING to change coax on upgrades

Many moons ago there was a discussion about coax specs here. Certain types are of the "approved variety", others not.

Seems like when the HN9000's came out the spec changed again.
The big point was the center conductor needed to be solid copper, NOT copper clad. There were also some freq. specs in there also.

I guess I could have found the info here and posted into the "support community" but then it only would have be deleted in the end.
The person who has the first hand knowledge and has shared it here, has been banned from that site.

It used to be that here on dslr you could get a solid overview of what a quality install was and not totally be in the dark when it happens.

Look at the kind of stuff going on over there.

Buried splices
Buried ground blocks
Fence posts for pole mounts
Installers removing customer owned equipment and having the GUTS to get belligerent when the customer protests.

If that was tried in my part of the country that installer is going to have some immediate ISSUES regardless of how bad of a boy he is.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

said by gwalk:

I guess the thing that pushed me over the edge was the issue of coax.
Some of the uppity installers are REFUSING to change coax on upgrades

I can't get away from that.. I know what its like replacing or installing the coax for the first time. You gotta get your hole drilled or you might need a bigger one or possibly even a new one, then you gotta figure out where the hole will be on the other side. Not to mention about the crawl space you might need to crawl through to get the cable ran to where you want your modem plus if your a hoarder type person then thats even harder (no offense).

When we got out 7000 installed, the installer was respectful, nice and he seemed alright, he had a real looking company truck instead of the one thats support our area these days, his is all beat up. But this one had a tool chest and everything, had a huge amount of networking, connectors, etc. he didn't force nothin, just was'nt a bad installer, oh and he made our satellite and modem work for about 7 straight years, never needed to call tech support, no problems or anything.. Untill hughes mentioned about the new Gen4 then we just started having all the slow speed all the sudden. But now we now have the Gen4 and it looks like we jumped right back into the same boat.. My speeds every evening will dim way down but in the mornings there great but not as advertised however I do not care about that. As long as it works then we here are happy.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
reply to diablo1892

Addendum:

You really have to love the part where Sara, Suz, Snow expounds at length as to the extensive training.......yada yada yada.

However when one of them gets busted it turns into:
These people are NOT Hughes employees.

Like I said in my post above, You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting at least 6 Nam Vets. They send one of those "life owes me" highly trained almost Hughes employee he needs to keep his mouth shut, do his job...and DON"T take what is mine.

I do believe the Hughesnet has to be without a doubt the greatest abomination for a US based company in the history of man.

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
reply to diablo1892

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to diablo1892

Well I quit posting over there then.. I feel as if someone held in something that was very important to me and so much more stuff that could had been done, but now they lie to me witch drops a giant bomb on me. I don't think I need the community nor does the community need me anymore, however I will continue posting over here on DSLR.

Happy to be here on this forum site, DSLR has a great amount of fans cause its like the biggest forum page of all, has bunches if not dozzens and dozzens of forums inside it then beyond that its got thousand or millions of threads in it.. A lot of info and good side notes are on alot of them, they never get deleted by the owner nor is any of it a negative impact to the owner however it is towards the owner of whatever your posting about like hughes.

Thank you DSLR for being a friend!
--

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
reply to diablo1892

Yes I agree, it seems like most if not all of the knowledge is on here. Use to be over there as well but it seems like everyone feels the same way. I saw one from Ricky this morning and even though they have case numbers and all of his information the response from Suz was " Please contact us again" what a joke!

marsh_0x

join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

1 edit
reply to diablo1892

said by diablo1892:

Well I quit posting over there then..

Odd my 1st post didn't go so try again
said by diablo1892:

Ditto, Sara didn't like my posting a cartoon in good taste saying kiss my a** wow, banned, late night a new poster was so upset he couldn't even spell the F*** word over and over so I knew it would be deleted.
HN has lost all sense of humor haha

I still have the 9000 NO contract and wonder why ?
Was using it for the free time 1-6 am cst hmm.
Yesterday switched from Dish Network, Charlie decided to go with like HN "Off Peak Bonus" 2am-6am cst haha

To a NRTC with the late night free zone -···ree-zone my time midnight to 5 am makes more sense.

10 months of the most outstanding Exede service, Dish Network likes me (retired 10 years ago) waived the early termination, nice.
HN tests at 15,300kb/s and TMN 18-21Mb/s always is my cruising speed on beam 303.
Only once for 20 minutes saw a congestion down to 9,000kb/s.

The only true test is a dedicated server and time it or take a capture for proof, including one now.

Hurts me to see Gen4 users stuck with a $$$$ bad scene/service. and advertising for more suckers, precious.

Why do they continue to waste posters time when clearly they know the problem, sad the beta testers continue with the exact mirror and getting nowhere (believe me) hmm I'm about to go rogue and play nefarious with truth.

I need some guidance finding a demo game in 3D matters not how many gigs for a real timed test...

marsh_0x

join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI
reply to gwalk

said by gwalk:

If that was tried in my part of the country that installer is going to have some immediate ISSUES regardless of how bad of a boy he is.

Hi gwalk
I posted on the closed beta group, be sure the installer knew I was a crazed Nam Vet and I do have rubber bullets and bear shot for the 12 gauge.

Guess the reason a Gen4 installer refused to visit me haha

Exede beam map »www.wildbluetools.com/content/de···low.html

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to diablo1892

Hey guys, just got our modem back online.. Had to give tech support a call, cannot say it was rough but they did answer my question.
Paul, you have to answer clearly and speak loudly with india, also you cannot be asking them questions like whats wrong with the speeds. These kinds will get them to say "i'm sorry sir can you please repeat that" its due to them reading from a script. A script that only has a certain amount of info on it. Some of those case numbers maybe getting lost, I remember we had a case number and it outdatted immediately within like 5 minutes right after my brother got off the phone with them and wrote down the number i then posted it to there site very quickly and sara responded saying sorry diablo but that case number is outdatted.. wtf?!?
Marsh, hughes don't like stuff like that, they want you to get straight to the point with your problem or question, instead of ul-ing pics to there site.

Also when I called and asked them about beam 32, they said there still working on it (and many others over the next month or so) beam 32 is scheduled for maintenance sometime today and on the 24
--

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com
reply to marsh_0x

said by marsh_0x:

said by diablo1892:

Odd my 1st post didn't go so try again
said by diablo1892:

Ditto, Sara didn't like my posting a cartoon in good taste saying kiss my a** wow, banned, late night a new poster was so upset he couldn't even spell the F*** word over and over so I knew it would be deleted.
HN has lost all sense of humor haha

I still have the 9000 NO contract and wonder why ?
Was using it for the free time 1-6 am cst hmm.
Yesterday switched from Dish Network, Charlie decided to go with like HN "Off Peak Bonus" 2am-6am cst haha

To a NRTC with the late night free zone -···ree-zone my time midnight to 5 am makes more sense.

10 months of the most outstanding Exede service, Dish Network likes me (retired 10 years ago) waived the early termination, nice.
HN tests at 15,300kb/s and TMN 18-21Mb/s always is my cruising speed on beam 303.
Only once for 20 minutes saw a congestion down to 9,000kb/s.

The only true test is a dedicated server and time it or take a capture for proof, including one now.

Hurts me to see Gen4 users stuck with a $$$$ bad scene/service. and advertising for more suckers, precious.

Why do they continue to waste posters time when clearly they know the problem, sad the beta testers continue with the exact mirror and getting nowhere (believe me) hmm I'm about to go rogue and play nefarious with truth.

I need some guidance finding a demo game in 3D matters not how many gigs for a real timed test...

If you want a fairly large game for a good test of things, grab Diablo III from battle.net, free if you create an account, lets you download from the server over HTTP/P2P at the same time so you can fill your download bandwidth quickly... The entire game is around 15GB. If you plan on playing it, well, that only lasts for a little while. xD

karen s

join:2013-01-20
reply to diablo1892

Why do any of us stick with this company. My e-mail is dharmakl@yahoo.com, let's file a joint law suit. All I want is a refund of all the token money I have wasted, and out of my contract. I believe that's why you have to have a contract cause they know as a company they are no good. A good company wouldn't need contracts because people would WANT to stay with them...

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

1 edit
reply to C0RR0SIVE88

Indeed corrosive... Right now my copy is just gathering dust, have'nt last touched it since I posted up that one video in my dropbox, pretty sad thing is I paid full price for witch was $60 and in fact whats even worse is my other two brothers also bought there own copy so this makes three copies in total.
Things could get extremely laggy and make stuff not work or not work at all.

(with all three of us playing) we tried playing on our one uncles server and only two of us could successfully join and have kind of a fun gaming experience without being bothered by the lag, while the other one played at the beginning by himself and getting disconnected every 10 minutes (no lie).

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com

I purchased it the other day after noticing that I had very minimal lag, currently on act 3 inferno with almost no issues, sitting around 750ms on average... Though lag spikes make for an interesting issue once in awhile...

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

Well thats awesome... One word of advice pick up an authenticator from blizzards website, security on blizzards website support site and games is extremely hard, you try two times and both wrong then it starts asting you for your authenticator.. At that point you LOOSE your account. Its already happen to me least 4 times, shits gettin ridiculous.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV

1 edit

Got it back.. for now. The names diablo92, im a barb

Edit: As you may already be well aware, Blizzard performs server maintenance nearly every morning.. Sometimes they maybe down up to quite a few hours, gotta be patient, Happy gaming(: