gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926

Re: [Forum page] HughesNet community

Suz is right there, its not "tech support". Or any other kind of support for that matter.

Myself, I went there last and removed all my posts myself.
They call it community support, I call it Hog Wash.

There is nothing to be learned there beyond the phone number for India.

I guess the thing that pushed me over the edge was the issue of coax.
Some of the uppity installers are REFUSING to change coax on upgrades

Many moons ago there was a discussion about coax specs here. Certain types are of the "approved variety", others not.

Seems like when the HN9000's came out the spec changed again.
The big point was the center conductor needed to be solid copper, NOT copper clad. There were also some freq. specs in there also.

I guess I could have found the info here and posted into the "support community" but then it only would have be deleted in the end.
The person who has the first hand knowledge and has shared it here, has been banned from that site.

It used to be that here on dslr you could get a solid overview of what a quality install was and not totally be in the dark when it happens.

Look at the kind of stuff going on over there.

Buried splices
Buried ground blocks
Fence posts for pole mounts
Installers removing customer owned equipment and having the GUTS to get belligerent when the customer protests.

If that was tried in my part of the country that installer is going to have some immediate ISSUES regardless of how bad of a boy he is.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by gwalk:

I guess the thing that pushed me over the edge was the issue of coax.
Some of the uppity installers are REFUSING to change coax on upgrades

I can't get away from that.. I know what its like replacing or installing the coax for the first time. You gotta get your hole drilled or you might need a bigger one or possibly even a new one, then you gotta figure out where the hole will be on the other side. Not to mention about the crawl space you might need to crawl through to get the cable ran to where you want your modem plus if your a hoarder type person then thats even harder (no offense).

When we got out 7000 installed, the installer was respectful, nice and he seemed alright, he had a real looking company truck instead of the one thats support our area these days, his is all beat up. But this one had a tool chest and everything, had a huge amount of networking, connectors, etc. he didn't force nothin, just was'nt a bad installer, oh and he made our satellite and modem work for about 7 straight years, never needed to call tech support, no problems or anything.. Untill hughes mentioned about the new Gen4 then we just started having all the slow speed all the sudden. But now we now have the Gen4 and it looks like we jumped right back into the same boat.. My speeds every evening will dim way down but in the mornings there great but not as advertised however I do not care about that. As long as it works then we here are happy.
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x to gwalk

to gwalk
said by gwalk:

If that was tried in my part of the country that installer is going to have some immediate ISSUES regardless of how bad of a boy he is.

Hi gwalk
I posted on the closed beta group, be sure the installer knew I was a crazed Nam Vet and I do have rubber bullets and bear shot for the 12 gauge.

Guess the reason a Gen4 installer refused to visit me haha

Exede beam map »www.wildbluetools.com/co ··· low.html