spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

InetforAll

@cisco.com

Bottom Line

The bottom line is I want a pipe to the Internet. This is what I pay for. I don't want it capped. I don't want it filtered. If Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, et al want to compete with Netflix, then they should do so. But there should not be a relationship between streaming video or any other content and the Internet Service Provider. I'd like to see the day when the Internet is this ubiquitous, high speed, high performance network that all services are delivered over. Streaming Video and Audio, Telephone, etc. The ISP's deliver the pipe. And anyone who wants to deliver content compete against each other, all delivering content over IP using the Internet.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

Greed...KILLS.

The truth is that these caps are NOTHING but a obnoxious
"money grab"!

The truth is ugly and most providers are wretched greed mongers.

MBAs will be the death of honest business in the USA.

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

Might as well include wireless and satellite into this discussion as well. They use the same BS scare tactics with FAP (Fair Access Policy) or DAP (Data Allowance Policy).

I've got Verizon's HomeFusion, which is blazing fast with sub 100ms latency as cable or dsl, but they rape you for $120 + monthly warranty and taxes and fees for a mere 30GB of data after the 2nd month. The first 2 months they are kind enough to give you about 45GB of data under a promo period.

It's really too bad that the agency that was setup for consumer protections (FCC), doesn't make it illegal for data capping and that any company that practices it gets fined heavily for it.

Perhaps it's just me, but I think the same people that came up with datacaps are the same asswipes that are pushing for stricter gun control.. Both are trying their damnedest to legislate our freedoms away..

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to InetforAll

Re: Bottom Line

Thats why they have t1s. If you just want a pipe almost anyone can get that. No caps no worry about whats carried just a little more money. But it is exactly what you want.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to 15444104

Re: Greed...KILLS.

said by 15444104:

MBAs will be the death of honest business in the USA.

I thought that was "Wall Street", lawyers, and/or unions? MBAs have a very valuable role in our economy. It's about balance. Please don't be so naive to believe it's only one person's fault.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

said by openbox9:

I thought that was "Wall Street", lawyers, and/or unions? MBAs have a very valuable role in our economy. It's about balance. Please don't be so naive to believe it's only one person's fault.

Ha....MBAs have been one of the most detrimental elements in US business since they were "concocted".

Unions don't have nearly the ability to influence that executive manglement has.

Even Folks like Former GM exec Bob Lutz spoke of how dangerous and destructive the MBA is.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

Let me guess. You're on the labor side of the house and believe that you've been inappropriately wronged by some 24 year old MBA at some point in your life?