Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Keyboard options for iPad Mini

Has anyone come across a decent keyboard for the iPad Mini? I am thinking of getting the full-size Apple Wireless Keyboard, and adding some sort of portable stand as well (looked at this, not sure if great option for the mini »goincase.com/products/detail/ori···34/#img5 ) if no decent KB available.

The tablets are awesome devices, but their keyboards suck no matter which way you put it. It's not like my hands are like Andre the Giant (although very close) but these screen keyboards do nothing for me...I am constantly editing my posts here because I say things that make me look illiterate. (well, maybe I am a bit)

thanks
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

What is you need in a keyboard exactly? I went with one of these: »www.amazon.com/Kensington-KeyFol···054L7FVW and though I have smaller hands something like that might work for you. I also like it's a stand and a case and a keyboard all in one.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by darcilicious:

What is you need in a keyboard exactly? I went with one of these: »www.amazon.com/Kensington-KeyFol···054L7FVW and though I have smaller hands something like that might work for you. I also like it's a stand and a case and a keyboard all in one.

I got that for Christmas (well, this one which is close: »www.amazon.com/dp/B005Y1CYSQ) having gone ages without any external keyboard. I love it. However, despite being 6' I have small hands. Might be a problem for those with giant hands. I also have the Apple BT keyboard for my mini - much bigger keys.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to J E F F

I use this:
»www.apple.com/keyboard/

With my Ipad or my Nexus 7. It's small, light weight. But it was 69 bucks when I got it a few years ago.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON

Any idea which stand would work best with that? I agree that the full size KB is best...

kenandles

join:2002-12-06
Roselle, NJ
reply to J E F F

Spotted this one here.

»www.ebay.com/itm/380536392984?hlp=false&var=

Good luck, Ken

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to J E F F

I may have linked to the wrong Apple Keyboard. The one I have is about as long as my Ipad [10 to 11 inches]. But it's half as wide as the Ipad.

I don't use a stand. I either sit it on a table top, or use it on my lap/leg.

When I type, i don't pay attention to what is occurring on the screen, I just watch where my hand is on the keyboard. When I am finished typing I then check the screen.

At home, on this PC [The box sits 8 feet away from me, I'm on a wireless keyboard], I use a piece of wood with a couch cushion under it, as the keyboard stand. The wood was from a book shelf I threw away, the couch cushion is from our ratty 40 year old couch.

But when I am at the cancer clinic and am taking notes, I just use the table top that is in the examine room.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON

I thought about getting one lumber and cutting a notch. Might be the best option.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Snakeoil

I ended up getting the Apple Keyboard with the Origami Workstation.

Works awesome.