spc
uniqs

orth
@charter.com

orth to cork1958

Anon

to cork1958

Re: Been awhile since Charter increased speeds

The computerized service fee is if you don't pay your bill on time and your account has a pending order on it to shut your tv/internet service off and you call in, make a payment and the pending order is cancelled. Your account is automatically billed $2.99 for it. Other than that if you call in to make a change to your account and pay the bill otherwise, it's still $1.99. There's been a lot of confusion around that.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by orth :

The computerized service fee is if you don't pay your bill on time and your account has a pending order on it to shut your tv/internet service off and you call in, make a payment and the pending order is cancelled. Your account is automatically billed $2.99 for it. Other than that if you call in to make a change to your account and pay the bill otherwise, it's still $1.99. There's been a lot of confusion around that.

No, that IS NOT how it works. That fee is for ANY AND EVERY change you make to your existing account.

"Charter is informing customers that a dubious fee will be getting slightly more dubious during 2013. As it stands, Charter automatically charges users a $1.99 "Service Computerized Fee" should customers make any changes to their service, be it to change programming packages, or downgrade/upgrade your broadband speeds. Users in our Charter forum note they're being informed the fee will now be jumping from $2 to $3 for every change."

»Charter Hikes 'Service Computerized Fee' [16] comments

Orth
@charter.com

Orth

Anon

And it also states "The fee is not listed on Charter's site listing of fees, and users say it's often inconsistently applied." Again, this is not the fee you are thinking of.

Also the "change of service computerized fee" used to be named the "service restoration fee" which is where all this confusion is coming into play. Sadly that article is incorrect. Trust me on this, as someone on the inside at Charter, this isn't the $1.99 payment by phone fee everyone thinks it is.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by Orth :

And it also states "The fee is not listed on Charter's site listing of fees, and users say it's often inconsistently applied." Again, this is not the fee you are thinking of.

Also the "change of service computerized fee" used to be named the "service restoration fee" which is where all this confusion is coming into play. Sadly that article is incorrect. Trust me on this, as someone on the inside at Charter, this isn't the $1.99 payment by phone fee everyone thinks it is.

You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about whether you're on the "inside" or not!

This fee applies to you CHANGING ANYTHING with your account, plain and simple! You can get it removed if you complain though.

I know the folks on the phone are usually dumber than a box of rocks, but I JUST called TWICE and that is EXACTLY what I was told.

It applies when you increase, decrease, add or subtract ANY service. Heck, it probably applies even if you change from paper billing to paperless, knowing Charter.