TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

1 recommendation

Anno 2070 on sale on Steam

Anno 2070 is a fantastic game. I saw the sale, remembered I had it, but never really got into it because it was so complex I felt I never played efficiently and it frustrated me.

Then I found this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k

This guy has 3x 60min videos that cover the very beginning to an end. In ultra high res, too.

His videos are so good it made me reinstall the game and buy all DLC and I haven`t had this much fun in a PC game since... well, I don`t know. TW1 perhaps.

KingOfPants
Premium
join:2002-11-11
Canada
kudos:1
I really liked the last game in the series, Dawn of Discovery in North America, and Anno 1404 the rest of the world. »store.steampowered.com/app/33210···gest__13

It reminded me at times of the old Stronghold games, trying to keep your town's people happy. Though the Anno games being of course much more in depth.

TigerLord, did you play any of the previous games in the series? Is it much alike?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to TigerLord
I really like Anno 2070, bought it around release and played it quite a bit. Been awhile since Ive played it.

King - The basic gameplay is pretty much like 1404. For some reason I like the setting/time of 1404. Both are excellent mix of building and strategy. I would say while there are some differences, if you liked 1404, you will like 2070.

And Tiger (or anyone else) , this program is really helpful once you get a grsp on the game. Helps with how many buildings you need for different productions and for what you need to cover population. The biggest thing I used it for was for ideas on production/building layouts for further in the game to consolidate space.

»2070asst.codeplex.com/releases/view/78789

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to KingOfPants
said by KingOfPants:

TigerLord, did you play any of the previous games in the series? Is it much alike?

The only other game I played in the series is Anno 1404 which I loved but never really got in extreme depth. I didn't know what to expect with Anno 1404 when I first got it and I was looking for a modern Sim City fix at the time. Sim City is probably the game I have played the most hours of (with EVE Online) in my gamer's life.

Anno is one of a kind. It reunites the complexity of Sim City with RTS mechanics, but emphasis is on economics and city planning rather than military. The combat is 2070 is EONS better than in 1404.

And the whole underwater part of 2070 is just stupidly amazing fun. Not to mention the game is drop dead gorgeous. It takes advantage of my GTX680 and I love that.

If you liked 1404 there is no way you cannot like 2070. 2070 is twice the fun of 1404.

If you didn't like previous Anno games, then you should ask me questions to determine whether the aggravating elements are still present or if they were fixed.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to Coolbrz
said by Coolbrz:

And Tiger (or anyone else) , this program is really helpful once you get a grsp on the game. Helps with how many buildings you need for different productions and for what you need to cover population. The biggest thing I used it for was for ideas on production/building layouts for further in the game to consolidate space.

»2070asst.codeplex.com/releases/view/78789

Thank you my good man, I love stuff like this!

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
No prob, its really a nice little program.

Also, i looked at the video you posted and it was the same ones i looked at long ago lol. Even if the game doesnt appeal to you, the guy that made the videos is pretty entertaining hah.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
said by Coolbrz:

No prob, its really a nice little program.

Also, i looked at the video you posted and it was the same ones i looked at long ago lol. Even if the game doesnt appeal to you, the guy that made the videos is pretty entertaining hah.

He is indeed very funny

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to TigerLord
I hate this fucking game so much I have to keep playing it to see if I suck or it does.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to TigerLord
Click for full size
Finally succeeded in building my first successful big city and built my first monument as well.

This game is addictive when you get into it.