Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Swindle

Re: [D3] Jay Wilson Quitting D3!!

It's too late. I sincerely doubt they could ever make D3 good enough to come back to. It's way too late.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Now that I think of it, the only way they can fix D3 is to release development tools to the community and give them the ability to customize the shit out of the game.

Other than that, they're fucked.

Think of it like Minecraft meets D3, where you can build your own world with friends and invite people to join. It requires a complete re-work, or at "custom" section for people to join and play in.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Maybe a free or really low cost expansion with a overhaul I don't see any other way to make it work.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Remove the AH. Item discovery is what makes the game fun. It's like WoW-raiding with purples raining down on you all day.

Give open development capabilities to the players.

If you could create your own D3 campaign with fellow DSLR buddies, would you not jump over there right away?

Release the full potential of the D3 engine to the players.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I agree with you, the AH (specially with real money) was the worst thing to happen to Diablo, give the players enough tools to safely trade their stuff.
--

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

If you could create your own D3 campaign with fellow DSLR buddies, would you not jump over there right away?

Sounds like Neverwinter is going to be the game for you... coming out soon

You can level entirely, by generating your own dungeons that you and your friends can explore and fight against

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

It's too late. I sincerely doubt they could ever make D3 good enough to come back to. It's way too late.

Don't think of it. This statement was true already. The hardcore players would come back so they could mod it. But the casual/masses that jumped on ship then jumped off won't.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
Get rid of RMAH
Make towns common for all
Make open world common to all
Make dungeons instanced to your group

too late

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by TheThing:

Get rid of RMAH
Make towns common for all
Make open world common to all
Make dungeons instanced to your group

too late

True words my friend.
--