how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

[DSL] Brutal Hold time this evening..

So i decided to call in tonight and Cancel my teksavvy but wow, bad music and a very long wait so far.. at 20 minutes. heh
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

They know you want to cancel ... LOL

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to morisato

Hi There,

We can process these type of requests in the direct forum »TekSavvy Direct. Please feel free to message us there,

Liz

abcjak

join:2012-12-18
reply to morisato

I've only called a handful of times and i have a total hold time over 90 minutes i would guess. 30+ and 20+ minutes for 2 of the calls to "existing" customer support. I find it interesting yet not surprising that calls to the sales desk were all answered very quickly.
This would be for calls i've made over the past 5-6 months so it's not an isolated thing, nor is it a time-of-day issue because some of those calls were very late and some were in normal business hours.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to morisato

Hi Morisato,

Things are still quite busy at TekSavvy. We are currently training a new hire class which should be hitting the phones soon and this should alleviate the wait times.

As Liz mentioned, all requests can be processed in the direct forum. We recently increase the size of our online support team to accommodate those that were looking for an alternative option to calling in.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

MariaRan

join:2013-01-19

Perhaps you should update the TekSavvy direct forum rules:

"f you are having a specific problem with your TekSavvy service, please open a new topic on this site. Forum guidelines include:
- No cancellation requests will be done through the direct support forum. For all cancellation requests we ask that you call us."

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Hmmm. We will definitely look into this.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

As Liz mentioned, all requests can be processed in the direct forum. We recently increase the size of our online support team to accommodate those that were looking for an alternative option to calling in.

That's interesting... In years past you couldn't do major account changes like that via email or direct forum, had to call in...

Good to see that its now possible.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to morisato

20 minutes is still not too bad. I remember much longer waits with Bell Canada or with the government.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to MariaRan

said by MariaRan:

Perhaps you should update the TekSavvy direct forum rules:

"f you are having a specific problem with your TekSavvy service, please open a new topic on this site. Forum guidelines include:
- No cancellation requests will be done through the direct support forum. For all cancellation requests we ask that you call us."

said by TSI Andre:

Hmmm. We will definitely look into this.

Posting rules have been updated.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Good call in updating the rules. Just make sure the staff know. The no cancellation over direct forum was enforced as recently as last August. I had to call in to cancel my DSL as I had just switched to TSI cable. (Although on that particular day wait times weren't too bad).

TSI Danielle
Premium
join:2012-05-31
kudos:11

The being able to cancel via the direct forum is a rather recent change, so that was why you were still asked to call in back in August.

If any of you ever have questions about whether something can be done through the direct forum, ask us. We'll tell you if we can or not.

Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Andre:

That's interesting... In years past you couldn't do major account changes like that via email or direct forum, had to call in...

Not sure i'd say it's good to see. People give their CID number on here accidentally a lot, all it'd take is an address with name or whatever they ask to verify. Phone at leasts forces someone to use their voice and risk having the conversation recorded.

Like my data center, they will not touch my rack unless i call in (as in the past i had to have the port pulled)...

Just my small opinion here, but i'd suggest TSI doing the same my data center does with us. using a 'secret phrase' in order to make any changes to an account. Like a password by far more secure.

AOD
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Tx:

said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Andre:

Not sure i'd say it's good to see. People give their CID number on here accidentally a lot, all it'd take is an address with name or whatever they ask to verify. Phone at leasts forces someone to use their voice and risk having the conversation recorded.

Like my data center, they will not touch my rack unless i call in (as in the past i had to have the port pulled)...

Just my small opinion here, but i'd suggest TSI doing the same my data center does with us. using a 'secret phrase' in order to make any changes to an account. Like a password by far more secure.

Or do what rogers does in a sense verify postal code or a pin code on the account.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

We do ask people to verify key information.

We are also going to be adding a little more functionality to allow our customers to better service themselves online.

AOD
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by TSI Andre:

We do ask people to verify key information.

We are also going to be adding a little more functionality to allow our customers to better service themselves online.

Through myworld?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Well. I believe we are going to scrap it and start from scratch. Not 100% sure on that as of yet. Whatever we do, it will allow WAY more functionality then what we currently offer.

Dial_a_Tech

join:2013-01-22
Windsor, ON
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

better service themselves online.

So...quick links in the Support section to Redtube et al? xD