ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to NOYB

Re: Verizon FIOS Battery Backup

quote:
Actually I believe the battery is the phone companies responsibility, because it is their responsibility to ensure phone service remains during a power outage, just as it is with POTS. The fact that the power is now supplied via CPE rather than down the copper line from CO does not change that.

If they refuse to replace it. Complain to your PUC and your State Attorney General.
Obviously you dont realize that the majority of FiOS customers are now classified as DIGITAL VOICE. A few still are categorized as POTS/regulated over FiOS, then you can complain, but keeping it that way for the sole cost of a battery is absurd.

If you believe that Digital Voice should be regulated, then all the cable co phone, Vonage, even magic jack should all supply BBUs as well. Little hint, the Verizon ONT is technically their cable modem.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1

Are you saying there is no 911 service access requirement for digital voice?

Even when a phone company turns off service I believe they are required to maintain 911 capability. I know it used to be that way even with cell phones.

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

No, its just not heavily taxed and regulated the same way, FDV gets the same treatment as cable co VoIP