how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

leejosepho

join:2013-01-16

Trying to push a Westell 6100 firmware upgrade

Hi.

I have AT&T DSL service, and next week I plan to begin using a new AT&T-branded Westell 6200 along with a Linksys E2500 router for my connection.

I also have a Verizon-branded Westell 6100 I would like to be able to have available as a backup modem, but I believe it must first have a firmware upgrade in order to work with the Linksys router.

One of these 6100 upgrade files is from Verizon and the other is from AT&T...
»dl.dropbox.com/u/5489953/E90-610···re06.exe
»dl.dropbox.com/u/5489953/E99-610···8_02.upg
...and I cannot get either to work. The errors they show are different, and I believe the file from AT&T is the better of the two. If necessary, I can try each file again and report the specific error each shows.

Verizon cannot (or will not) help me since I no longer have a Verizon account, and an AT&T Support Tech has said AT&T no longer supports 6100 upgrades. So...

Does anyone here know any way to make either of those upgrade files work?

Many thanks.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by leejosepho:

I also have a Verizon-branded Westell 6100 I would like to be able to have available as a backup modem, but I believe it must first have a firmware upgrade in order to work with the Linksys router.

You don' need a firmware upgrade for a router to work with a modem, who is your dsl sevice provider

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to leejosepho

How about just checking/changing the VPI/VCI settings of the 6100, Bellsouth/SE region is 8/35.

I'm not sure about actually "changing" the firmware, that would require flashing somehow and I honestly don't remember if that can be done on an out of region Westell from Verizon to AT&T/SE.

Your linksys needs to be doing PPPoe anyway, so set it up that way.

Woops ! , wrong button. SW forum, same procedures still apply anyway.