uniqs
share rss forum feed

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

[Rant] Worst customer service experience ever today

Ugh, I'm moving in 3 weeks and wanted to migrate my service with me. Service is available at my new residence and I own my own modem and my own WMC DVR with cable card so this *SHOULD* be a no brainer. Well, I fired up the chat this morning since my 2 year old got me up at 7am and figured we would get this done. 2.5 hours later I'm so pissed I can't even see straight. "Denish" from "somewhere not in the US" can't seem to get anything right, and somebody my bill is going from $119/month to $146/month for identical service 15 minutes from my house. He can't explain why, and each response takes 5 minutes minimum because his computer "got hang" according to him. I finally had to kill the process because I had my life to live and I didn't have tie to deal with this anymore.

Who do I need to talk to (with a brain) that can migrate my service without ending up costing me more $$/month and without a migraine?

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

I've always found that the chats are best for billing credits. If you ever need to get anything else done, call 800COMCAST. FWIW, press '1' to respond to the survey because, and it may just be me, I find that the representatives are much more awesome when you do.

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
Plainfield, IN

Thanks for the advice, when I went to even submit the online feedback the website crashed..... I guess they don't know it's not working since nobody can submit feedback.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to rugby

to talk with someone, call. dont use chat unless its something trivial
--
I'm better than you!

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
reply to rugby

Chat should be avoided. It is worse than useless, as you have now discovered.

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
Plainfield, IN
reply to rugby

I ended up finally being able to call in and it was a long call, but completely painless. I ended up upgrading our service to 50/15 (which a week ago wasn't available on comcast's website) and everything is setup to be done the day we move in.

Hopefully it will all go smoothly, we're getting XFinity Home installed as well.