share rss forum feed

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA
reply to CylonRed

Re: Of Netbooks, Tablets And Linux's Revenge

said by CylonRed:

Some people like the tiles - those that likely use a smart phone with tiles or a tablet and those that hate the tiles (myself included) that primarily use a PC...

I have seen the tiles on a laptop of a friends and I hate them. They guys wife - has had issues figuring out how to close programs - like Paint. The new Paint looks idiotic and I am not sure I can use it for what I currently use it for... She eventually found a way to close Paint - but it took several steps more than it should. Several programs they can't find anyway to close a program but by using Task Manager.

I am one that I would prefer to not have to use external programs to get functionality I want - like the Start button.

I am waiting for some time to load Win 7 Pro I bought just before Christmas...

I take it that they never used a touch screen device? close is drag down from top. not many steps at all
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

They have smart phones but I don't know which ones. Problem is - it is not the least bit intuitive and that is a huge problem for Win 8.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA

said by CylonRed:

They have smart phones but I don't know which ones. Problem is - it is not the least bit intuitive and that is a huge problem for Win 8.

That's a qualitative statement. About as useful as the IDC numbers.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us