uniqs
share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2
reply to Dustyn

Re: [TV] Basic Digital: HDTSN CH26

HD TSN is not in ANY tier package regardless of location, it is only part of the HD specialty pack. TSN SD is also not part of digital basic unless you live in a few select areas. Right now TSN HD is on free preview for those who subscribe to a tier that includes TSN. Because TSN is generally not included in the basic tier, I think those who get TSN in basic for living in those select areas got left out of the free preview. Also, Rogers has re-configured channel 26 to "auto-HD" to ensure that customers are re-directed to the HD feed during the free preview. Since you're not receiving the free preview, it tells you to call in to subscribe. Once the free preview is over, I suspect 26 will be re-mapped back to the SD feed.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

I wonder if this will change at all with the Leafs being co-owned by Bell/Rogers...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:10
reply to yyzlhr

What are the few select areas in Ontario?
All I know is I have TSN...and I've always had it... it's just no longer on 26 but on 406.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2

I don't know for sure, but I believe there are several small pockets around the ottawa region that get TSN in basic, but it's generally not included in the basic tier. If you look at rogers.com TSN is not included in the basic tier.