spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

none123

@teksavvy.com

Xinflix FTTN

Anyone heard of this company Xinflix? They offer FTTN 15 for only $43.95 a month with unlimited bandwidth. Im thinking of ditching Teksavvy as their dsl/fttn prices are expensive.

»xinflix.com/index.php?route=prod···64_63_84

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

Never heard of them...

swe3tdave

join:2008-02-01
Sainte-Catherine-De-Hatley, QC
reply to none123

they are apparently owned by distributel, who also own acanac
--
David Giard

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac

1 edit
reply to none123

Might want to read the fine print before jumping ship:

quote:
Unlimitd download subject to Fair Usage Policy
They also say they have "24/7 online tech support" yet there is no link/button to chat with their tech support. "Online" would mean to me chatting, not picking up the phone and calling.

One thing that did pique my interest was they listed a fee of $25 for transfer. I wonder if that means that if you are transferring from another ISP, if you only have to pay $25? Would also like to know if I could use my modem (that I bought) from Ebox.

It also looks like they are part of the beta IPTV service (Zazeen, or whatever it's called).....

Might be worth a serious look, though that "fair use" policy makes me nervous.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to none123

they also have a 7 dollar dryloop fee i would look at ebox if i was you
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

liquid_ic

join:2010-07-19
L
reply to none123

They also have a 45+ cable / unlimited account for $60. That would be very interesting..

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

Unlimited is often just a marketing term, and you are invited to leave the service if you actually use it. I don't really like that kind of marketing, but it is very understandable. A LOT of people out there think they want unlimited but only use 100GB/month.

DSLR users asking about unlimited probably mean 500GB+/month, and one should be very cautious about Xinflix or CIK. Of course I'm interested to hear real on the ground experiences though, for sure.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20
reply to none123

If you try signing up for cable, Xinflix is using a very Acanac like sign up form. Also, while they claim access to 25/35/45 speeds for download, they only claim 512kbit/1mbit/1mbit for upload speeds?!!?
--
electronicsguru.ca

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

Unlimited is often just a marketing term, and you are invited to leave the service if you actually use it. I don't really like that kind of marketing, but it is very understandable. A LOT of people out there think they want unlimited but only use 100GB/month.

DSLR users asking about unlimited probably mean 500GB+/month, and one should be very cautious about Xinflix or CIK. Of course I'm interested to hear real on the ground experiences though, for sure.

I would say that any company that implements a "fair usage policy" with an unlimited plan should not be touched with a 10 foot pole, but that's just me!