kasparov33
Premium Member
join:2007-05-04
Conover, NC

kasparov33

Premium Member

Charter Tech Willing To Help Those In Need

Hello All,
Just wanted to say that I find it sad that Charter no longer offers their web support here. It was a valuable asset and a huge help to may Charter customers. I have been a Charter tech for many years and if anyone has any questions, problems or comments and needs help in any way feel free to message me or post what their trouble may be and I will help in any way that I can. I love what I do and try to give all of the customers that I install services to or do a trouble call to all of the help that they need until their services are working properly. Like other techs I work long hours but once I am home I am generally on the computer for a while. I will try to get to your concerns as soon as I can. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Charter Tech 1

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Nice gesture. Last I heard though. You can get fired from doing this and its not allowed according to Charter rules.
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000

said by KoRnGtL15:

Nice gesture. Last I heard though. You can get fired from doing this and its not allowed according to Charter rules.

Seriously, a stand up tech, willing to donate his personal time, and he can get axed for this ?

Sheesh.
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by Zappa2000:

said by KoRnGtL15:

Seriously, a stand up tech, willing to donate his personal time, and he can get axed for this ?

Sheesh.

sad but true

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit to Zappa2000

to Zappa2000
I noticed one of the former Direct Forum group posted here recently one or two times, and identified himself... then his posts were removed.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

I'll remember this when I cancel my service in the next month or so.

I DEFINITELY WILL REMEMBER THAT THE NEW CHARTER CEO
MR TOM RUTLEDGE and his new executive manglement posse DOESN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and WILL ACTUALLY PENALIZE EMPLOYEES THAT TRY AND GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR the folks that pay his darn salary.....THE CUSTOMERS!

zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260 to msmisfit

Premium Member

to msmisfit
said by msmisfit:

I noticed one of the former Direct Forum group posted here recently one or two times, and identified himself... then his posts were removed.

vickbmx i guess your talking about formaly chartergorge his post where never deleted nether where fromzero aka charterdylan they just stoped postings all

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Yes,
I have heard that also and it is VERY sad what employers can get away with now a days.

Where my kid just got hired into, they test if you smoke even and won't hire you if you do. Personally, that just takes anyway any basic rights you had right there. I can understand not smoking there and in public places, etc., but to not hire you and they can fire you, because you smoke on your own time is just absurd!

anhisr
join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

anhisr

If a company can show that their health insurance rates will be lower that is how they justify it.

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

1 edit

msmisfit to zed260

to zed260
Yes, I was talking about ChtrGeorge [vickbmx], and if you do a search you will see that his posts I was talking about... AFTER "shutting down" the direct forum ... have disappeared. *

I agree they have stopped posting also.

*Mea culpa.... I searched again, and the posts I saw ARE there. Remembering how they stopped Defiant from posting for awhile, I expected them to stop any Direct forum members as well.
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by msmisfit:

Yes, I was talking about ChtrGeorge [vickbmx], and if you do a search you will see that his posts I was talking about... AFTER December 30, 2012... have disappeared.

I agree they have stopped posting also.

i did not know he even posted after December 30th on here

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

I had the date wrong.... it was just before.
vickbmx
join:2004-07-06

vickbmx to kasparov33

to kasparov33
Im still here. Haven't worked for charter since May. I just dont have much time to hang out and chat these days.

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

Sorry to hear that, and completely understand.

Thanks for all the help you gave while at DSLreports and hope you're happy on your present job.
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260 to vickbmx

Premium Member

to vickbmx
said by vickbmx:

Im still here. Haven't worked for charter since May. I just dont have much time to hang out and chat these days.

i didnt know you quit working there in may then again i hadnt exactly kept track of who left or stayed at charter
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to vickbmx

to vickbmx
said by vickbmx:

I also want to thank you and all the other Umatter2Charter team for all the excellent assistance in solving problems. Your presence as a member of that team will be GREATLY missed by all of us who subscribe to Charter.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to anhisr

Premium Member

to anhisr
said by anhisr:

If a company can show that their health insurance rates will be lower that is how they justify it.

Yes,
I know what their reasoning is for that, but then they should just deduct more from that individuals pay for insurance, not try to tell them what they can do on their own time!!

As horseathalt7 said:
"I also want to thank you and all the other Umatter2Charter team for all the excellent assistance in solving problems. Your presence as a member of that team will be GREATLY missed by all of us who subscribe to Charter."

I agree with that also. One of the very few bright spots Charter ever had!

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

said by cork1958:

said by anhisr:

Yes,
I know what their reasoning is for that, but then they should just deduct more from that individuals pay for insurance, not try to tell them what they can do on their own time!!

As horseathalt7 said:
"I also want to thank you and all the other Umatter2Charter team for all the excellent assistance in solving problems. Your presence as a member of that team will be GREATLY missed by all of us who subscribe to Charter."

I agree with that also. One of the very few bright spots Charter ever had!

It's more than just the insurance rates. Smokers tend to be sick more often and most don't just smoke on their free time (ie: when not at work).

At a time when all companies are trying to cut cost and with the number of people available for any given position, they can pretty much use any criteria for selection that they want.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
OP never posted again....

INtheKnow
@charter.com

INtheKnow

Anon

No one is going to get fired for helping a customer. That is crazy what buisness would run that way.
The only way anyone is going to get diciplinary action taken aginst them would be by participating in conversations that bash the company or ones that are disrespectful of the customer.
And i can say that 100% of the cases that i'm aware of the person was fired for bashing customers not the company.
FromZero
join:2011-11-29

FromZero

I'm still around from time to time, mostly just lurking though.

passerby
@charter.com

passerby to INtheKnow

Anon

to INtheKnow
said by INtheKnow :

No one is going to get fired for helping a customer. That is crazy what buisness would run that way.
The only way anyone is going to get diciplinary action taken aginst them would be by participating in conversations that bash the company or ones that are disrespectful of the customer.
And i can say that 100% of the cases that i'm aware of the person was fired for bashing customers not the company.

Maybe not for the first or second offense, but it's definitely going to be acknowledged and dealt with. There are other factors that you are not considering that make such participation problematic for all.

Trust me, there's very little one can do in an unofficial capacity anyway. Issue resolution is best left to those with the time, capability, and presence to do so.