Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to ChuckcZar

Re: Bell Fibe receiver: 1080i or 720p on 1080p TV?

said by ChuckcZar :

Bell Satellite is 1080i.

Your sure about that? Or are you just reading what your TV is reporting to you when you turn it on?

I don't think there are many 1080i broadcast networks other than SOME of the major us broadcasters, and CBC which does 1080i (but only people with an antenna can get iirc)

If your going by what your TV is reporting, thats not necessarily what the channel feed is.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

zed173

join:2010-07-17
Mississauga, ON

said by urbang33k:and CBC which does 1080i (but only people with an antenna can get iirc)

If your going by what your TV is reporting, thats not necessarily what the channel feed is.

Actually, even CBC OTA in almost (if not all) markets is now 720p last I checked.

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
said by zed173:

said by urbang33k:and CBC which does 1080i (but only people with an antenna can get iirc)

Actually, even CBC OTA in almost (if not all) markets is now 720p last I checked.

Well, according to wikipedia, you might be right. apparently that changed from 1080 to 720 during the transition in 2011. shame.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
maybe the receivers are capable of 1080i signal, so thats why the option is there, but the content from the transponders is 720p only?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!