Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Gone Fishing

Re: [Info] Windows 8 Pricing Goes Back to Normal

It's not so much the sum as it is the value.

For 16 bucks it was sure a legit OS for 16 bucks? Hard to pass up.

200 bucks is just 200 bucks when it comes to 200 bucks.

I just dropped 300 bucks on a Nexus 7. Sure I might have gone and suffered another 200 and bought a Windows 8 using tablet. But I can't see any value in a 500 dollar purchase of what I already have in my 10 inch Android using tablet. I'd like to be able to play some Windows games on a tablet yes, but I don't have 500 bucks worth of interest yet

The Nexus 7 was about getting something purse sized really. I don't really like some aspects of Android, but again, it's like Windows 8, I don't hate it, but I need to need it bad enough too.

I'd have loved to get a Windows 8 using item in 7 inch range for 300 bucks. But until MS realizes the market for pretend Apple products is already fairly crowded, and there is only so many people that will be paying 600 bucks for a Johnny come lately product that isn't really great enough to merit that much interest eh.

Some things are just only worth so much. I'd rather have root canal than pay 200 bucks for Windows.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

It was $16 for Windows 8 if you had bought a PC with Windows 7 after June/2013 or something like that. I bought one and put in on bootcamp. Not overly impressed, but it works better than most PC's because Windows 8 recognized the special pads that MacBooks have.

At first they didn't verify that you had actually purchased a Windows 7 system, afterwards, they did ask for a Windows 7 product key to verify.

It's not worth more than $40, IMHO, so I think MS is insane for asking $200.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

disconnected

@snet.net

LOL.. I'm still looking for Windows 7 Pro 64-bit for $40. It's gonna hurt to shell out $140 when my activation grace period runs out next week.