A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Bad grammar make good password, research say

»www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepe···ord.html from »news.slashdot.org/story/13/01/20···arch-say ...

"Along with birthdays, names of pets and ascending number sequences, add one more thing to the list of password no-nos: good grammar..."

Perfect for me since I have bad English.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Good for you The only problem here is you have to be consistent and remember what you've entered... And don't work on your English, 'cause it may break some of your passwords...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to antdude

Thnaks for teh clue.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

This will probably lead to the demise of "leetspeak" I imagine.

Too bad...... not.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
reply to antdude

Al5o a way for "dem" ta id ya!

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State

1 recommendation

reply to jadinolf

said by jadinolf:

Thnaks for teh clue.

Your welcomo! :P

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
reply to antdude

It's more fun to invent your own language and use words or phrases from that for passwords. That way no one else knows whether the grammar or spelling is correct or not.

...and if you invented it you decide what's correct anyway.

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia

2 edits
reply to antdude

Common tpyo's and poor grammar could/can be harvested from something like Google searches. It adds to the pool of words being bruted sure, and may not encompass all.

Even works for this spelling "picurez ov catz"

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia

1 edit
reply to antdude

If your into word phrases another alternative to this is to type with your fingers one row of keys above or below the norm. Much more confusing to foreign super computers.
Nothing stopping you from doing both/partially.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Use Klingon, that'll mess 'em up for a while.

Personally, I use three different words, in three different languages each separated by a character. The bad guys tend to give up on me quickly...
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Juggernaut:

Use Klingon, that'll mess 'em up for a while.

Personally, I use three different words, in three different languages each separated by a character. The bad guys tend to give up on me quickly...

I am sure one can brute force with a Klingon dictionary. :P
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

And what about the 3 different languages? I mix up German, Italian, Tagalog, Spanish, and French in varying degrees...

Premium
join:2003-09-29
New York, NY
reply to antdude

Now I have to change my password, who am I to think that rover was secure?

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27
reply to antdude

Your not shore its theres?
--
Splat

n1zuk
making really tiny tech things
Premium
join:2001-10-24
Malta
reply to ashrc4

said by ashrc4:

Even works for this spelling "picurez ov catz"

Of course it does. You're searching for one of the most common uses of the Internet!
--
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to antdude

OTOH, considering that most scams and phishing attempts explicitly target those who use poor grammar and spelling, this may just be a trap designed to catch prey that is higher up the food chain.

"Welcum to mi parlur" sed da spydur.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.