spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Brantford
@wightman.ca

Brantford

Anon

Moving to Brantford

I'll be moving to Brantford soon. Other than Bell and the big named companies, are there any ISPs that have unlimited bandwidth but good speeds? I currently have 5 megabits and unlimited, I'd like better speed of course.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

Based on what I've read on the forums, TekSavvy and Start seem to be two of the most popular wholesalers of Cable and DSL. And depending on where you'll be moving to, you may be S-O-L on filling both the faster and unlimited requirements.

- Both are likely failures on the DSL front, as Bell hasn't upgraded the entire city yet. Of the half dozen postal codes I know off the top of my head, only 1 had anything faster than the basic 6mbps plan (and it only had 10mbps available, nothing faster like 15 or 25). If you know where you'll be moving, using Bell, TekSavvy or Start's postal code lookup tool will help you find out what's available.

- TekSavvy is a failure on the Cable front, as they managed to light up all the POIs in our general area EXCEPT ours!

- And lastly, Start is also a failure on the Cable front, as they only offer unlimited on the lowest of the speed tiers.

So basically you have to decide if you want speed (and then I'd recommend Rogers if you can negotiate a discount), or if you want unlimited (and then either Start or TekSavvy can offer slow but unlimited plans).

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar to Brantford

Premium Member

to Brantford
Distributel offers cable service here as well.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to Brantford

Premium Member

to Brantford
said by Brantford :

I'll be moving to Brantford soon.

Why would you move to Brantford?

I can say that as I was born and raised there. However, I escaped.

(Okay, it's changed a lot in the last 20 years I suppose.)

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by A Lurker:

said by Brantford :

I'll be moving to Brantford soon.

Why would you move to Brantford?

I can say that as I was born and raised there. However, I escaped.

(Okay, it's changed a lot in the last 20 years I suppose.)

A guy I met at school grew up in Burlington. He called it the armpit of Ontario.

buggerit2
@tdbank.ca

buggerit2

Anon

still is