resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to hm

Re: Voltage Versus Teksavvy, Round 2 Continued

No. There is no meeting on the 22nd.

The 22nd was the date that CIPPIC had til to respond to the Intervention, but they've already done it on the 17th. The 28th was *supposed* to be a video conference, but it looks like that's been cancelled. Its possible it'll be rescheduled for after a judge decides on CIPPIC's intervention

After that, a special 1-day hearing of the evidence, and reasons why/why not this court order should be ordered.

No idea as to dates yet though. Marc would probably be best to get that info from.

This is the Docket for the case:
»cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/In···-2058-12
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

hm

@videotron.ca

said by resa1983:

The 28th was *supposed* to be a video conference, but it looks like that's been cancelled. Its possible it'll be rescheduled for after a judge decides on CIPPIC's intervention ...

No idea as to dates yet though. Marc would probably be best to get that info from.

Ah that's it.

Didn't know it was cancelled. Didn't notice it on the docket.

TY!

Marc, Any info to add?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to resa1983

Yep. CIPPIC formally applied to intervene. Voltage responded... We posted those on our web site here: »www.teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy···ormation

We are still waiting for draft of what Voltage wants us to send to our customers.

Now we wait to see if CIPPIC is granted to intervene and under what conditions.. I.e. they may have full ability to cross examine or not.. That will dictate how long and when the next court date may be.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

hm

@videotron.ca

Hey ty for the reply, Marc.

How odd... Voltage was complaining in both their original court filing, and again in the last court show how important it was, and how fast they needed these people off line and to stop in order to stop world wide copyright infringement of their films.

Yet here we find out they haven't even bothered to give you the draft of what they want.

*head-slap*

Must be very critical and important to them, ay.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to hm

Have to wait now..

ontarian

@torservers.net
reply to TSI Marc

hi Marc,

thank you for information on second round of this trolling charade. Voltages documents that are trying to oppose CIPPIC intervention is not more then a load of chutzpah. Literally - a lot of BS in order to get to sending extortion letters as soon as possible. They do not want and cannot drag that through courts as costs will raise and make this BS fishing expedition harder then trolls imagine.

Keep up good work protecting your customers. This will pay out tenfold in a feature.

Everyone - boycott voltage's "works"

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by ontarian :

Everyone - boycott voltage's "works"

That's easy. Their films are pap.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

hm

@videotron.ca

So did the new Voltage cease-and-desist letter go out yet?

Anyone have a copy they can put online?

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

1 edit

said by hm :

So did the new Voltage cease-and-desist letter go out yet?

Anyone have a copy they can put online?

Last I heard, Voltage still hadn't sent anything to TSI.

You'd think if they were truly genuine in wanting people to stop, they'd get that letter out pretty quickly - especially considering most companies will have a standard form written up which they can quickly edit for the circumstances.

At my office, we have standard forms and faxes set up so if something needs to go out ASAP, it takes 10-20 mins to fix it up and send it out.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

You'd think if they were truly genuine in wanting people to stop, they'd get that letter out pretty quickly - especially considering most companies will have a standard form written up which they can quickly edit for the circumstances.

This SHOULD be mentioned in court next time

It shown they don't care about people sharing their movies as they pretended ... they just care bout suing people ...

Marbles_00

join:2005-02-14
Hamilton, ON

said by MFido:

It shown they don't care about people sharing their movies as they pretended ... they just care bout suing extorting people ...

I fixed your quote for you

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to hm

said by hm :

Hey ty for the reply, Marc.

How odd... Voltage was complaining in both their original court filing, and again in the last court show how important it was, and how fast they needed these people off line and to stop in order to stop world wide copyright infringement of their films.

Yet here we find out they haven't even bothered to give you the draft of what they want.

*head-slap*

Must be very critical and important to them, ay.

They must WANT more people to 'see' their crappy movies.

No way that Voltage can now use the "Time is of the essence" card.

hm

@videotron.ca

Well Voltage told the judge how important it was to get these people to stop ASAP and something about how these people are somehow the only ones feeding the rest of the world (not exact words, but close to it), and how teksavvy failed to stop people.

But as was pointed out, it was Voltages own letter. Judge ordered a new draft be sent to TSI for these people to cease activities.

Voltage never bothered. So yeah, it isn't very important to them. They clearly don't give a F themselves since they themselves know this won't stop anything like they told (or tried) to tell the judge. Goes to show they are in it for the money scam and nothing else.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

No way that Voltage can now use the "Time is of the essence" card.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to show here. It's pure BS. Shows they ren't in it to protect their works. They are in this court case for a payola scheme only. Nothing more and nothing else.

Hope CIPPIC caught this one and tosses it in someones face. Especially the judge.

d_source

join:2011-01-18

Also, was it not Voltage or Canpire who was originally seeding the files? Have they sent a cease and desist letters to themselves as well?

hm

@videotron.ca

said by d_source:

Also, was it not Voltage or Canpire who was originally seeding the files? Have they sent a cease and desist letters to themselves as well?

Doesn't matter. The government of Antigua got WTO go ahead to ignore American copyright and they're going to launch a warez site.

See: »torrentfreak.com/antiguas-legal-···-130128/

(also see: »www.antigua.gov.ag/article_detai···egory=38)

I Email that government a few days ago at:
foreignaffairs-AT-ab.gov.ag
Outlining what has been going on with the copyright extortion in both American and Canada (with relevant links) and asked that they put every single film created by Voltage online. Told them they would then forever become internet hero's in both countries (and the world for that matter) and go down in the annals of internet history and folklore.

I got a reply back a couple of days ago thanking me for my support and if they go ahead as planned they will indeed consider this because it would create: (quote) "tremendous lulz while pursuing this great injustice by the United States of America" (end guote).

Voltage will maybe have to sue the world as a next step in their extortion racket.

*shrug*

Everyone should Email them as a show of support and solidarity.

Plus it's fun to see a little tiny country kick ass like that.