share rss forum feed

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

George,
Will this have WiFi?

Can we port our current VoIP number...I don't think it's possible because this is the line my DSL comes in on?

Also, will the download and upload speeds be faster?

Right now I have 6 down, (5+ really) and 645 up. Will either of them increase?

Looking forward to this.....

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
Hi zbestwun2001 See Profile,

Initially we are using the Comtrend 5072T and D-Link 2320B modems with the service which are basic DSL modems without WiFi. As with our standard DSL service clients can connect a router with WiFi capabilities behind the modem to use the connection with WiFi. We are looking at offering a modem down the line that has an integrated router and WiFi but that won't be for a bit.

You will want to port your existing landline number that is tied to your DSL connection first. Processing your order that way will ensure a smoother transition as the connection will run over your existing connected line that is a known good line. After moving over we can try to port your VOIP line and replace the current landline number with the VOIP number. We are able to port all landlines and should be able to do VOIP numbers as well. We aren't able to port mobile numbers to the platform.

Based on your estimated distance which is a little over 5,000 feet you should see an increase in both upload and download speeds. I can't guarantee anything of course but you should see an increase.

We are happy you are as excited as we are. Look forward to having you on the new platform Steve!

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA
Thanks George... sounds great!!