share rss forum feed

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

[NFL] Super Bowl 47 Discussion (2 weeks)

Click for full size
SUPER BOWL 47
SUNDAY, FEB. 3

Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
(CBS, 6:30 p.m. ET)

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
Is there anyone offering up odds on whether or not Jim decks his brother in the face at any point before, during or after the game while still in NOLA?

I don't feel Flacco should have a ring, but am not overly thrilled with Kaepernick & our division rivals winning either. I'm not sure who I'm going to root for.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Moorecards
Personally, I was rooting for the Broncos or Patriots to make it to this SuperBowl.

Between the two teams that will appear in the SuperBowl, hopefully Baltimore pulls it off. it would be nice for Ray Lewis to get the trophy before his retirement starts.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to Moorecards
Should Flacco be considered elite? It's a good question. Go back and look at the elite of the elite's road playoff win record.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

1 recommendation

reply to KeepOnRockin
I'm already tired of hearing about Ray Lewis, his retirement, and how his last game will be the Super Bowl. Even though the Niners beat my Bengals twice in the Super Bowl, I'll be cheering for them to beat Ray Lewis and the Ravens.
--
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards
First tie Superb Owl ever!

Both teams get the flu. After the 9th overtime when the Jest and Iggles are called in as replacements, Roger Goodell starts throwing batteries at the players. Har bros start a fight that erupts into a city-wide riot. CBS pulls the plug and replaces the broadcast with "A Very Andy Rooney Christmas" repeat. No one notices because they stopped watching after the 7 O/T when replacement refs came back.

Flaccid is carried off to the hospital insisting he is an Elite Quarterback.

It's going to get ugly.

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to drslash
Has anyone that's not a Ravens fan ever been excited watching Flacco play?

I would also argue that his stats this year aren't exactly "elite" - 22 TDs in regular season, 10 picks, 238 yards per game (avg.)... etc.

I think Flacco is part of a very well rounded team and that helps make the most of his "above average" skills.

On the flip side, most play off wins is pretty legit. This is also his 5th season and they've been to the play offs every year, right?

Elite or not, the Ravens are a great team. Lewis was essentially nullified yesterday. The pats are going to have bad games like that until they can get a secondary.
--

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA
I'm not a Ravens fan. Since much of the "elite" status is granted to those who win playoff games and Superbowls, Flacco enters in to the discussion. Where are the so called elite QBs right now? Sitting on their couches, out of the playoffs and not in the Superbowl. I agree, the Ravens are a well rounded team. I thought Flacco played like an elite QB on Sunday in a very big game. Maybe it's too early putting him there...maybe not.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

smithfly114
Premium
join:2008-01-14
Kaepernick is a better quarterback than Flacco.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA
said by smithfly114:

I didn't say he wasn't.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Moorecards
NFL is rigged. Lewis is going to win.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to Moorecards
Flacco is a solid NFL professional QB but certainly is not an elite QB. Like most QBs he has strengths and weaknesses. His biggest strength is his deep throw accuracy.

There are questions by many about his ability to win the big one and to play well under heavy pressure. However, the book is still open on him IMO in the category.

SF is a more talented team overall. But using their play most of this year and last years as their benchmark, their game performance became just a bit spotty during the second half season.

Their FG kicker is hurting and is a shadow of himself. That's potentially a real weaknesses.
--
The signal usually is drowned out by the noise.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to drew
said by drew:

Is there anyone offering up odds on whether or not Jim decks his brother in the face ...

I think it's pretty likely that happens.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I get the impression that Jim Harbaugh is a real prick.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to KeepOnRockin
said by KeepOnRockin:

Personally, I was rooting for the Broncos or Patriots to make it to this SuperBowl.

After the playoff teams were set, I was rooting for the Broncos (because of Peyton) and Seahawks (because they used to suck so bad) to win.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to drslash
said by drslash:

Should Flacco be considered elite?

I think he's close, but not there quite yet. It'd be a much easier question to answer after the SuperBowl though.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to drew
said by drew:

Has anyone that's not a Ravens fan ever been excited watching Flacco play?

No.

said by drew:

I think Flacco is part of a very well rounded team and that helps make the most of his "above average" skills.

Yes.
--

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards
Rumor has it that the winning coach gets to give his brother a noogie, a wet-willie, and a rabbit punch when they meet mid-field after the game.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to drslash
said by drslash:

said by smithfly114:

I didn't say he wasn't.

Only problem is he really hasn't proved himself over a period of years. Flacco has.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Kaepernick has a small track record. Flacco for how bad he plays some games he plays big in the playoffs.

I feel this game is really a toss up. Either team could really win it.

Watch Randy Moss explode out of nowhere. No one is talking about him.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

reply to KeepOnRockin
said by KeepOnRockin:

it would be nice for Ray Lewis to get the trophy before his retirement starts.

I am so sick of Ray-Ray. He should be in prison.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Moorecards
I'll be pulling for the Niners/NFC, but the Ravens have beaten the wonderboy Luck, taken down Peyton in Denver, and Brady in Foxboro. I just don't see them losing to this Kaepernick kid making only his 9th? 10th? ever NFL start. Flacco at least has more experience. Yeah it's a team game and all, but the Ravens are rolling...

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
reply to KeepOnRockin
said by KeepOnRockin:

Between the two teams that will appear in the SuperBowl, hopefully Baltimore pulls it off. it would be nice for Ray Lewis to get the trophy before his retirement starts.

He was named MVP in Super Bowl XXXV when Baltimore beat the Giants.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Flacco for how bad he plays some games he plays big in the playoffs, unless it's against the Stillers.

FIFY

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Moorecards
I said a few weeks ago that I wanted the Seahawks, 49ers, and Patriots to lose. Two down, one to go.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
said by footballdude:

I said a few weeks ago that I wanted the Seahawks...

I understand the 9ers and Pats, but why us? 'cuz of the Rams?
--

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
said by drew:

said by footballdude:

I said a few weeks ago that I wanted the Seahawks...

I understand the 9ers and Pats, but why us? 'cuz of the Rams?

12th man - stolen from Texas A&M
Beast Mode - stolen from Milwaukee Brewers
Uniform design - stolen from Oregon
Pete Carroll - smiling snapperhead I'd like to see crying
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to rockotman
said by rockotman:

said by I AM:

Flacco for how bad he plays some games he plays big in the playoffs, unless it's against the Stillers.

FIFY

Steelers? They are over the hill. Time to rebuild.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to rockotman
»espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_···g-source

Jets couldn't be silent for too long. They decide they want to move their only great player.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
Maybe the Iggles can sign him and reinvigorate their "dream team".

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
LOL. How the great have fallen.