reply to NotTheMama

Re: Download Manager: Useful?

+1 on DownThemAll.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY
said by fphall:

+1 on DownThemAll.

Love it for Firefox but I wish they would make a extension for Chrome.

TomBrooklyn
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Brooklyn, NY
reply to fphall
said by fphall:

+1 on DownThemAll.

I took a look at DownThemAll, and it claims to accelerate. But I don't see how it can accelerate to speeds faster than what my ISP allows.

And it says I can customize the dls to get only what I really want. But I can't think of when I ever wanted only part of a download.

The "About" section mentions a few other features, but none of them are things I ever felt a need to do.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

1 edit
Download managers/accelerators increase the download speed by establishing multiple connections with each one downloading a segment of the file: 4 segments means 4x the speed (some/many/most servers limit the speed per connection for downloads).

DownThemAll! can also download everything from a page, or just the things on the page you want.

Another feature I use is the auto-rename, since I always download to the same directories and some file versions always have the same name.
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
I agree. I used Downthemall back in the day. Was useful. Now, I swear by one called Flashget. Never download a file, especially a big one without it.

One file from a known fast server, maxes my whole connection. All 27.5 of it. Done in minutes.