uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
reply to Jon

Re: 2012 Chicago Bears!

Tucker is highly respected - J-ville is just a bad team. Tucker is experienced with both the 4 - 3 and the 3 - 4. He knows the Tampa 2 and other defensive sets well. And the Bears retained both their secondary coaches. My hope is that an over-the-hill Urlacher will be gone. Time to start over in front of the 4 D-backs.

Urlacher was great as a player, but I never much liked the guy. As a player he was under-sized for his spot and wasn't a great tackler. And his attitude was at best annoying, at worst just stupid.
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
said by jsinaiko:

Tucker is highly respected - J-ville is just a bad team. Tucker is experienced with both the 4 - 3 and the 3 - 4. He knows the Tampa 2 and other defensive sets well. And the Bears retained both their secondary coaches. My hope is that an over-the-hill Urlacher will be gone. Time to start over in front of the 4 D-backs.

Urlacher was great as a player, but I never much liked the guy. As a player he was under-sized for his spot and wasn't a great tackler. And his attitude was at best annoying, at worst just stupid.

Do you think his age and now physical short comings outweigh his onfield decisions? He'll make mistakes like anyone else out there, but he's one of the more intelligent MLB IMO.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to jsinaiko
said by jsinaiko:

I always thought Urlacher was kind of an asshole. You think he's undersized? 6'4 260 is a pretty big guy.Assuming those stats aren't padded. He used to have speed but he seems to have lost that. I agree though. Time for him to go. 12 years in the NFL is a long time for anyone but at linebacker it's an eternity.

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
He played mainly safety at NM. maybe he bulked up in his old age. Lovey liked small fast guys - which was also what created the chronic tackling problems. He was considered undersized when he came into the league but that was a long time ago.

But I absolutely agree with all your points.
--
Illegitimati non carborundum