how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Internet on the go

Who is going to stay in your hotel if you don't offer hot spot access when every other hotel around you does?
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1

Last time I stayed in a hotel (trip to Florida in Aug 2011), I used my Verizon mobile hotspot. I did not use the hotel's hotspot.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

And that tells us what?

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

That tells us all again that IC still thinks that what is good enough for him is good enough for the rest of the world and that is EXACTLY how it should work.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to IowaCowboy

And if you travel little and don't have a hotspot. Hell - I don't even have a data plan - we don't have smart phones...

This idea is just as short sighted as the all encompassing - hot spots violate ISPs TOS...
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

My ISP gave me a seperate modem and internet connection for sharing how I feel fit.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

travanx

join:2002-01-15
Altadena, CA
reply to IowaCowboy

How does that work when you travel out of the country? Or to multiple countries in one trip?

I was always happy to use the hotels hotspots as the alternatives would be such a pain.

anon anon

@charter.com
reply to IowaCowboy

said by IowaCowboy:

Last time I stayed in a hotel (trip to Florida in Aug 2011), I used my Verizon mobile hotspot. I did not use the hotel's hotspot.

With 2 GB monthly caps and $10 per GB overage that's hardly a solution. Not to mention those on non Share Everything pricing hotspot service is $20 a month extra.