join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to goalieskates

Re: Google Declares War on the Password

said by goalieskates:

And what makes Google think I wear rings?

You didn't read the article, did you? The actual article is about using hardware tokens for authentication, and just used 'a figure ring' as an example of how one might conveniently carry such a thing - more conveniently than, I suppose, today's key-ring-sized RSA tokens.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

said by dave:

said by goalieskates:

And what makes Google think I wear rings?

You didn't read the article, did you? The actual article is about using hardware tokens for authentication, and just used 'a figure ring' as an example of how one might conveniently carry such a thing - more conveniently than, I suppose, today's key-ring-sized RSA tokens.

I read the article, all right. But since you don't appreciate (lame but pointed) humor, I'm not about to start carrying around hardware tokens for specific sites "for security" or anything else. It's clutter, it's junk, and it's not automatically secure. That's just the sales pitch.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

said by goalieskates:

I'm not about to start carrying around hardware tokens for specific sites "for security" or anything else. It's clutter, it's junk, and it's not automatically secure. That's just the sales pitch.

Next thing you know you will be wearing 50 rings.

--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Lagz:

said by goalieskates:

I'm not about to start carrying around hardware tokens for specific sites "for security" or anything else. It's clutter, it's junk, and it's not automatically secure. That's just the sales pitch.

Next thing you know you will be wearing 50 rings.

[att=1]

Bling, bling!
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.