tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

HTC Sensation touch screen issues

So I picked up this phone on eBay. Mainly, I picked this phone for the specs and features I was getting for the money. It all sounded good; 1.2 GHz dual core, 1 GB storage, 768 MB RAM, 4-inch screen, and most importantly for me; radio that supports 900 & 1700 MHz UTMS bands so I can use it here in the states with Simple Mobile and in the Dominican Republic with Orange Dominicana.

This is where the good about this phone ends.

I was able to unlock, root and install a custom Android Jellybean ROM. That all runs great and all. The showstopper with this phone is the touch screen.

After some google searching (of course I do this AFTER I purchase the phone, not before) I've learned this phone has a known problem with the touch screen. It can become unresponsive, type in characters you didn't mean to type, have the screen act all crazy, etc etc. All these symptoms are plaguing my phone as well.

Apparently the stupid fix for this alludes to a faulty ground connection from a small piece of metal that connects the screen to the back cover. The remedy? Are you ready? This is fixed by adding a piece of conductive material between the two. I added a piece of aluminum tin foil in there.

The problem isn't as bad but it still remains.

Anyone have this going on with their HTC Sensation? Did you crush the phone? Sell it forward? How did you fix it?

TIA
tired_runner

tired_runner

Premium Member

Well.. After spending most of my MLK holiday messing with this phone, I sent it back to the seller this morning. I was offered replacement or refund. I'm gonna take a chance on a second unit and see how that goes.

I really want this phone to work out. The little bit I was able to do with it, it's perfect for my needs.