how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to FFH5

Re: why do we keep giving these guys a mic?

Thanks for the lesson.

I can tell you 1 thing for sure. They wont be putting man hours on a report that they are not directly charging a client for. They may have pooled a few together, but this was done with intent and it was determined whom was paying, a client code was setup and staffing was determined before a single minute was put on it.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Skippy25:

I can tell you 1 thing for sure. They wont be putting man hours on a report that they are not directly charging a client for.

Of course they will. It is part of the PR/marketing/advertising budget used to get new clients that all companies budget for.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Skippy25

Hazelwood, MO
I guess my 22+ years at one of the big 4 firms has taught me nothing and you know better.

komal

join:2003-02-16

1 recommendation

said by Skippy25:

I guess my 22+ years at one of the big 4 firms has taught me nothing and you know better.

I strongly doubt you have any work experience at a Big 4 firm if you didn't even know that they frequently publish market research in order to make the news.

Dark is right.

Skippy25

Hazelwood, MO
Think what you will but after 22+ years and I am yet to see one released by my firm nor hear about it in a company announcement. But as I said it simply could be that he knows better than me as I would have no interest in any of them and would probably forget them as soon as I heard about them.

Regardless, once money is involved any report is tainted as it is either tailored to those paying for it or it is tailored towards the ones they think they will get the most for it. Just like doing surveys.