share rss forum feed

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Re: Google Declares War on the Password

Why to stop with a ring on your finger? As some have already mentioned here, you can loose it or forget to wear, when you need it. Why not to put it under the skin as an RFID tag. Then all of those problems are gone... (for a guy, who thinks the half of the glass is full in this case). Or may be that's the plan behind this Google project?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

1 recommendation

said by OZO:

Why not to put it under the skin as an RFID tag. Then all of those problems are gone... (for a guy, who thinks the half of the glass is full in this case). Or may be that's the plan behind this Google project?

I think this day is soon approaching where everything will require an RFID reading. Just look at this Texas school district.
--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.

OZO
Premium

1 recommendation

I think, there are many control-freaks, who would be happy to see that happens
--

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
Scottsdale, AZ
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to Lagz

said by Lagz:

said by OZO:

Why not to put it under the skin as an RFID tag. Then all of those problems are gone... (for a guy, who thinks the half of the glass is full in this case). Or may be that's the plan behind this Google project?

I think this day is soon approaching where everything will require an RFID reading. Just look at this Texas school district.

I hope to be long gone by then. The idea of all things read by chips makes me ill.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

unavailable

@tds.net
reply to OZO

You know, I proposed just this to my best friend, because I think privacy is all but gone anyway and I told her I was willing to give up my last shred of it for convenience. I'm only half kidding. I might actually sign up for it. No more passwords, so intriguing to me.

Of course it makes her insanely angry at me, and she tells me what an idiot I am. She's not really kidding either. She thinks the idea is awful.

OZO
Premium

said by unavailable :

You know, I proposed just this to my best friend, because I think privacy is all but gone anyway and I told her I was willing to give up my last shred of it for convenience. I'm only half kidding. I might actually sign up for it. No more passwords, so intriguing to me.

Of course it makes her insanely angry at me, and she tells me what an idiot I am. She's not really kidding either. She thinks the idea is awful.

Good to hear from a guy, who thinks about it as the glass half full. Now, look from the the glass is half empty perspective. I may have hundreds of those tags and none of those are under my skin. Moreover all of them could be easily reprogrammed to copy your ID, as well as anyone I want... How does that sound now? Is it secure? Is it convenient? Or is it worth to do at all???

Listen to your g/f. You may learn something from her

BTW, the more often you repeat to yourself "I think privacy is all but gone anyway", the more it becomes true. That's why I do not do that.
--