share rss forum feed

Babar
Premium
join:2001-05-09
Washington

1 recommendation

reply to Trooper

Re: What AV are you running?

Emsisoft Anti-Malware on the main box, MSE on the others.
--
"Geez, I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake."

Trooper
Premium
join:2005-05-18
USA

said by Babar:

I assume that EAM is not "heavy" any more? I've run it in the past it, but it always just felt heavy on any system I've run it on. What are your specs?
--
This space for rent.

Babar
Premium
join:2001-05-09
Washington

said by Trooper:

I assume that EAM is not "heavy" any more? ... What are your specs?

I don't find it heavy at all. For instance, the background guard is using just 268K of RAM right now.

I'm running an i5-750 on a P55 mobo with 4GB of RAM.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I'll run for a while tomorrow with it off and see if I notice a difference.
--
"Geez, I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake."

Trooper
Premium
join:2005-05-18
USA

I'd be curious. I will say that I have not run EAM for probably a year, so maybe they fixed that up in the newest version.
--
This space for rent.

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Trooper

said by Trooper:

said by Babar:

I assume that EAM is not "heavy" any more? I've run it in the past it, but it always just felt heavy on any system I've run it on. What are your specs?

I use EAM on 2 i7 PC's and I also have it installed in an old 3.2 GHz P4. Not slowing down any of my PC's. The only program that slows down this old desktop a bit is Online Armor.
--
Desktop Win 7 x64 Emsisoft Anti Malware v7, Laptop Win 7 x64 & Desktop XP Pro Emsisoft Anti Malware v7 & Online Armor Premium v6, Netbook Win 7 Starter and Netbook XP Home Avast 7, MBAM and Hitman Pro used on-demand only.