Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to bt

Re: Okay, NOW Wind will definitely be foreign owned

But a lot of people don't want/need smartphones. And even then, their 5MHz of downstream spectrum is good for up to 75 Mbps downstream with regular LTE. They've said they plan to migrate to LTE, although I'm not sure how. LTE supports using smaller than 5 MHz chunks, but CDMA doesn't, so it seems like they'll have to do a full migration and replace all existing phones?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

The point is that there isn't a lot of money in dumbphones.

And yeah, they'll have to migrate in a straight shot. They may say they have plans for LTE, but it will be far from a simple process.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

But a lot of people don't want/need smartphones. And even then, their 5MHz of downstream spectrum is good for up to 75 Mbps downstream with regular LTE. They've said they plan to migrate to LTE, although I'm not sure how. LTE supports using smaller than 5 MHz chunks, but CDMA doesn't, so it seems like they'll have to do a full migration and replace all existing phones?

only reason im going to go get a wind phone is cause i can get android on it and then get the unity package and make games and apps for it....its crazy sick what you all pay for crap keep doing so LOL

Who7

join:2012-12-18

Wind is a pretty big fish outside Canada. In fact, take a look here and tell me where you see Rogers/Telus/Bell

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo···perators

Outside ripping off Canadians, they are minnows.