share rss forum feed

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to FactChecker

Re: [Caps] Cord-Cutter's Unite! - How did you do it?

I dont think hula netflix or any of that crap really factors in at all with cord cutters. I have all of that but i also have cable tv. LMAO everyone i know that has that also has cable tv. Now the people i know that dont have cable also dont have the other junk. Either way i really doubt in the real world people subsitute cable for hula and amazon and such.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

1 recommendation

Kinda like vegetarians who think it's ok to each fish & poultry. LOL!

mrschultz02

join:2007-09-10
Media, PA
reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

I dont think hula netflix or any of that crap really factors in at all with cord cutters.

I know in my case having those services made the decision to drop channels much easier. Once I did the math and realized I could stream the half dozen shows I like way cheaper than it was costing to keep a ton of channels I wasn't watching it became an easy decision. If there was no alternative I probably would not have done it.

Kraphty
Lost In Translation
Premium
join:2002-10-14
Campbellsville, KY
reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

...Either way I really doubt in the real world people substitute cable for hula and amazon and such.

You would be wrong in that assumption then.

We cut the cord about a year ago after moving to cable internet from dsl.

Our setup is mainly consoles PS3's and Xbox's. We also have a roku and we use laptops.

Netflix and amazon are our only services and are probably 80/20 on the percentage. All other streams are from the providers site directly with no subs. We initially also subscribed to Hulu+ but didn't get enough value from it so we cancelled fairly early on.

Never kept track of pre cord cutting usage.

Post cord cutting usage has us increasing 10-20Gb a month but I am betting we will level off at 180-200Gb.

I miss the simple interface of cable\satellite to find a show, web interfaces especially from consoles or roku leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to searching or just browsing.

Immediate viewing on cable\sat is also missed I never realized how surfing with a TV remote was so convenient.

Despite all that NOT paying 100+ a month is worth it.