spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lloyde61
join:2013-01-21
Mifflinburg, PA

lloyde61

[Troubles] slow internet speeds at night

I pay for 12 mb and most every night it drops down as far as 2 -3 mb. Had this problem before and seemed to get better now it is back. Call tech support and get the runaround.I totally lost connection one night last week and it took 12 hours to get it back and now the speeds seem worse !!! I am located in central Pa . Nothing but trouble since windstream took over !!!!
Any suggestions .
kshaws21
join:2012-12-29
Clarkesville, GA

kshaws21

Wow you're doing good. My 12mb drops to 1 every eve and frequently disconnects. I get the full 12 in the am hours so that shows the problem isn't on my end. But hey complain enough and you might get a $10 credit like I did. They think $10 is enough to cover the nightly 90% loss of service, what a load of crap!!!!
lloyde61
join:2013-01-21
Mifflinburg, PA

lloyde61

Mine is the same full 12 until evening. Last summer I talked to a local tech and he said they were doing some upgrades well shortly after that it got better but wammo about a month or so ago right back where we started if not worse !!!
I feel your pain . I wish they would get it together and give us what we pay for !!! When I call them I get a bunch of crap about my modem being bad or some other lame excuse , well thats funny because I have 4 different modems that all act the same with their CRAPPY service!!!
cidd
join:2013-02-02

2 edits

cidd to lloyde61

to lloyde61
This is a pretty common problem with Windstream lately. I've been dealing it for a while (several months now....Blairsville, GA here). I'm fine through most of the day, but from about 8:00pm to midnight or so, it slows down to a crawl. It's not fun to watch a YouTube video that has to stop and buffer every 4 seconds. I've done a few tests using speedtest.net over the last hour, and my average result is 0.20Mbps on the download speed (paying for 3). I also have a lot of friends and neighbors who report the exact same problems, so I know it's not just me.

They've oversold what they can handle. I've heard that some people have been getting credit on their bills if they complain about it enough. A friend of mine said she called them and was told they'd be upgrading some equipment, but she's just gonna have to suck it up and deal with the slowness until they get that done (in June). Nice.
kshaws21
join:2012-12-29
Clarkesville, GA

kshaws21

Click for full size
I spoke too soon. My eve speeds are now next to zero while I get my full 12 in the am hours. Funny it didn't get this slow til I started publicly complaining about it. Seems they don't like that.

Bobec
No Stooge
Premium Member
join:2001-01-04
Jefferson, GA

Bobec

Premium Member

Your results are similar to mine, except I don't get the 12MB I pay for anymore...ever. On occasion I'll get a brief time period of 4-6MB during the daytime, but it then drops to a slow crawl each evening, with dial-up type results, just like you.
djacks01
join:2009-01-22
Milledgeville, GA

djacks01

If you are on Facebook, consider visiting/joining the page "Georgia Windstream Problems." Enough people with the same problem in GA might make someone listen. Pass it on. I pay for 6Mbps and am lucky to get .50 after 4PM everyday, - that is EVERYDAY for over ten months!! Have complained to BBB Arkansas, GA Attorney General's office, FCC, and Georgia Public Service Commission. I'm just paranoid to think that WS has bought most anyone who could do anything about this problem but still it makes me feel better to shout out to those who should/could help. As usual it is all about the money. By the way, I haven't heard back from anyone on the "complained to" list above - oh well.