uniqs

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Wolfie00

Premium Member

to Wolfie00

Re: Is it cold or am I a whiney little bitch?

said by Wolfie00:

Yes, this WEEK is typical winter

For what it's worth, daytime highs of -13C and overnight lows pushing -20 - and this is with no wind - are anything but typical, at least around here. Our average January daytime high is 0, and it's the only month of winter where the average is at freezing. The coldest we've ever been in recorded history is -25. They don't call us the banana belt for nothing.

So yes, we are freezing our asses off, and you will not hear me call anyone who complains about this abhorrent cold a whiny bitch.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

You're being too literal -- I meant "typical" in the sense of being cold and snowy, instead of everyone remarking on how summer-like it is. Still, when I was out at midday yesterday the car thermometer said 22°F (about -6°C) which is hardly super cold. I think it's supposed to be quite a bit colder today (Tuesday).

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
I think what he meant was the cold snap. Yes, typically around here daily highs would be -2 or so, but this is also normal for winter to have this cold snap. It's supposed to back into the single digits next week.

So far, this year still barely qualifies as a typical winter...2 weekends and grass to look at...not so wintry.