This is a sub-selection from Hypocrisy
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

3 recommendations

Crookshanks to jjoshua

to jjoshua

Re: Hypocrisy

Remember, this is America, it's perfectly acceptable to air shows where people are murdered and/or violated during prime time, but if there's even a flash of a tit the FCC jumps into the equation and levies millions of dollars worth of fines.

Tits, even in a non-sexual context are apparently more damaging to young minds than watching someone get raped and stabbed to death (e.g., Law and Order SVU, et. all)
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit

You can thank RW America for that sort of idiocy. Whereas, I've seen topless women used in commercials in various countries during prime-time. Probably why they do not have the crime or violence we do.
Crookshanks
Binghamton, NY

1 recommendation

Crookshanks

The right may be more vocal about it, but it was under Clinton that the so-called v-chip was made mandatory. He also signed the Communications Decency Act (later overturned because it was such an overreach) into law.

Much of the left is just as prudish as the right. It's an American trait, for better or worse. Actually, one might argue it's a trait inherent to many of the states that descended from Great Britain, because Australia is the same way. It goes back to the type of people who emigrated out of Great Britain back in the day.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

You can thank RW America

"Cough" religion "cough" is the big one.

Went on my honeymoon in Spain, over there all beaches are topless and or full naked and you see parents all day with kids from all age ranges walking up and down the beach no gawking or giggling by the kid's. It all comes down to the norm and upbringing of the society you live in.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

said by Camaro:

said by Terabit:

You can thank RW America

Which the left has in spades also.
Kamus
join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

Kamus to Crookshanks

to Crookshanks
said by Crookshanks:

Remember, this is America, it's perfectly acceptable to air shows where people are murdered and/or violated during prime time, but if there's even a flash of a tit the FCC jumps into the equation and levies millions of dollars worth of fines.

Tits, even in a non-sexual context are apparently more damaging to young minds than watching someone get raped and stabbed to death (e.g., Law and Order SVU, et. all)

Well, i have no problem with real tits and fake guns!

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
Westfield, MA

Camaro to NOCTech75

Premium Member

to NOCTech75
No argument there, just seems also the parent and kids groups come out of the woodwork when something like the Sandy hook shooting and uses the anger, grief etc. to shovel there agenda across and worry about the victims later. Sounds sad but it happens and this is one of many end results.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa to Camaro

Premium Member

to Camaro
said by Camaro:

Went on my honeymoon in Spain, over there all beaches are topless and or full naked and you see parents all day with kids from all age ranges walking up and down the beach no gawking or giggling by the kid's. It all comes down to the norm and upbringing of the society you live in.

Isn't Spain largely Roman Catholic? Which would make it a societal norm rather than religious..
Crookshanks
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks to Camaro

to Camaro
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) is a good example of this. They have evolved over the years into a neo-prohibitionist organization, to the point that their founder left because she was disgusted with the direction the group had taken:

Candy Lightner, MADD's founder, says she disassociated herself from the movement in 1985 because she believed the organization was headed in the wrong direction.

"It has become far more neo-prohibitionist than I had ever wanted or envisioned," said Mrs. Lightner, who founded MADD after her daughter was killed by a drunk driver. "I didn't start MADD to deal with alcohol. I started MADD to deal with the issue of drunk driving."

From this article, back in 2002.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
Westfield, MA

Camaro to Jahntassa

Premium Member

to Jahntassa
I was associating the religion in our country to the anti nudity attitude, not anywhere else in the world. Other country's have bigger things to worry about than a titty on T.V, and yes Spain is predominately Roman Catholic, 94%.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to Crookshanks

to Crookshanks
Versus the freedom and liberty of driving drunk and killing people.

What is it with RWers and this love affair of death.
Crookshanks
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

You're really enjoying the straw man arguments today, aren't you? Here's my "right wing" point of view:

Owning a firearm: Acceptable
Murdering someone: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Having a drink: Acceptable
Smoking marijuana: Acceptable
Snorting cocaine: Acceptable
Driving while intoxicated: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200
Watching children while intoxicated: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Having sex in the privacy of your own home: Acceptable
Having sex in public: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Having sex with another consenting adult of either gender: Acceptable
Having sex with a 5 year old: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Free speech ("I hate [racial slur]s"): Acceptable
Calls to violence ("Kill that [racial slur] over there!"): Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

1 recommendation

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

I agree with all of that except the 'Having sex in public'... can't we make that just a fine?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to Terabit

MVM

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

You can thank RW America for that sort of idiocy.

BFingS ...

That is the exact same prejudice as drove race-based slavery, "Separate-but-equal" segregation, the Ü.S. "Chinese Exclusion Act" of 1882, the California "Alien Land Law" of 1913, and EO-9066; among other U.S. American atrocities. Good to see that the "RW" doesn't have a lock on mindless prejudice!
« Hypocrites...Fail! »
This is a sub-selection from Hypocrisy