uniqs
share rss forum feed

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL

1 recommendation

LigoWave PRO series

Anyone using these and care to want to share? I have at least one friend who seems to love them.

»www.ligowave.com/ligoptp-5-23-pro
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

Chessie

join:2011-02-02
united state

1 recommendation

I have one of my most critical backhaul links using one. I put it up two years ago and have not touched it or thought about it since. So in that one case I have used one I love it. I have several new backhaul projects coming up soon. I certainly am going to be considering them cost is the only down side I see.

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to gunther_01

how much is the cost of these?

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL
reply to gunther_01

About $1400 a link give or take.
But if it can do 100Meg and do it with sub 10ms pings, that's what I am after. I can't handle the latency and jitter I am seeing with UBNT anymore.
I know some have great luck with them Etc. I see high jitter, mainly because of the interference we have in our areas I believe.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2
reply to Chessie

said by Chessie:

I have one of my most critical backhaul links using one. I put it up two years ago and have not touched it or thought about it since.

How long is the link? Also, how much traffic is typically going over it and what kind of ping times do you average across it?

I have some backhauls that I need to get to be a bit more stable and I've been seriously considering these to get the job done. I did some searching on this and a few other forums and found a few people using them and nobody seemed to have any major complaints.

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL

1 recommendation

reply to gunther_01

My friend said this about them
"On a 50km link I am seeing 2-4ms running 50/20 megs down/up have tested to 100/100 and latency holds same"

And that is what really sparked my interest. But of course I don't have any to verify, but I do trust him. He also said they are putting up quite a few more of them instead of UBNT which he had been using.

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a pair to check them out.. The only issue I see is they aren't 5.4 cert'ed, so 5.8 only. I do have an email in to Ligo to see if they are planning on doing any thing about that, but no response yet.

I'm NOT advocating them, I'd just like to learn more about them from others in real world testing is all.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by gunther_01:

My friend said this about them
"On a 50km link I am seeing 2-4ms running 50/20 megs down/up have tested to 100/100 and latency holds same"

Nice. I don't need the sub 1ms pings that licensed links provide, but right now it's the jitter that gets me once my links are under a load. I'd settle for a stable 5ms ping with traffic over a an average of 2 ms with a bunch that jump up randomly.

said by gunther_01:

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a pair to check them out..

I was thinking about doing that this summer on my 36 mile backup link. It's too cold and money is too tight to gamble with it right now.

said by gunther_01:

The only issue I see is they aren't 5.4 cert'ed, so 5.8 only. I do have an email in to Ligo to see if they are planning on doing any thing about that, but no response yet.

I saw someone had said something about being able to request a special firmware for the lower 5ghz bands. It would be interesting to see what they tell you.

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL

1 recommendation

reply to gunther_01

Called Ligo after not getting a sales email response.

They have 'plans' but essentially nothing in the immediate works by the sounds of it.

So stuck with 5.8 on those "legally" for now, and (what I would say), the foreseeable future.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

Chessie

join:2011-02-02
united state
reply to gunther_01

My link is around 10 miles. Ping times were great from what I remember at the time of install but to be perfectly honest I don't have much data on this link. It was late winter early spring and I was having issues with the backhaul in place. I ordered a link did the climbs and set it and forgot it that was two years ago. I have around 80 subs on the tower it ties into the main tower. Those subs are a mix of 1.5 and 3meg customers so its a heavy use tower.

Wish I had more info for you.

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL

I take it you don't graph and such...? It would be nice just to have a rough estimate on speeds along with ping times..

I did get my email back. No 5.4 as of yet, with no ETA.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net