spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TrickyNick
join:2012-03-26
Tahlequah, OK

TrickyNick

Am I getting my rated speed?

I'm confused by the number, so please help me make sense of them.

I have AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Max (12 Mbps / don't know upload speed, it's not listed).

Sync Rates on my gateway/router 11998 d/1021 u.

Speedtest.net says 10.80 Mbps d, .94 u.

Looks like I'm missing 2Mbps, is that normal?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS

MVM

The U-verse forum has the knowledge. As little as I know about it, your down sync of 11998 is a bit short. Estimated over head is 4%, so .96x11998=11518.08. So you are likely only "missing" 718 kbps, or just under 1 Mbps, based on sync.

The folks in the U-verse forum probably better know what your down sync should be.

P.S. I'll put in a move request with the forum moderators.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

1 edit

Paralel to TrickyNick

to TrickyNick
You're def. coming up short. Your rates, at full speed, minus overhead should be ~11.57 Mbps Down/~1.47 Mbps Up. I would look into this further.

However, with that said, your service agreement with AT&T states that as long as you are getting a minimum of 75% of the speed of the service they sold you, they don't have to do anything about it. Your Down is within tolerance, but your Up does not appear to be, so you may have a case for forcing them to look into it, and if they refuse, to terminate your contract with them at no penalty as the speeds you are receiving are outside of the specified tolerance. The caveat to this is if for some reason they don't guarantee a minimum upload speed. In that case, you are likely stuck if they refuse to investigate.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to TrickyNick

Premium Member

to TrickyNick
Following up with what Paralel said, I think the rated upload speed for the plan you have is only 1 Mbps, not 1.5 Mbps., I don't think it's just over to 1.5 Mbps, upload speed until you go to the plan that has 18 Mbps download speed. If that's the case, your speeds are both within the accepted tolerance that AT&T quotes.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

According to this:

»www.connecttoatt.com/Int ··· et/_/N-9

It is showing 12/1.5 for his service tier.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by Paralel:

According to this:

Unfortunately that isn't an official website for AT&T, it's the website for a "authorized retailer". Those type of dealers have many times provided information that is less than accurate in order to increase sales.
WheelMan6
join:2002-10-12
Stockbridge, GA

WheelMan6

said by Msradell:

said by Paralel:

According to this:

Unfortunately that isn't an official website for AT&T, it's the website for a "authorized retailer". Those type of dealers have many times provided information that is less than accurate in order to increase sales.

It is indeed 1.5. I have that plan and I average 11.53 down and 1.46 up.