lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

[Other] Your Opinion Of The ASUS RT-N66U?

I currently have the Linksys E4200v2. It just went out of warranty, is causing me a lot of problems, and all of the troubleshooting has not worked.

I was thinking of buying the ASUS RT-N66U. If you own one, what do you think of it? One review on Newegg said to forget using the 5GHz, for it never works. Is that true? I have a 5GHz iMac that I need it to work with.

Any input would really help. Thanks.

scajjr

join:2005-03-01
Kingston, NH
Reviews:
·Comcast
I've had one for about a year now and it's great. We have 2.4 and 5Ghz devices running with no problems. There is a 3rd party firmware we use that is constantly updated (it's based on Asus' releases), read more about it here »forums.smallnetbuilder.com/forum···php?f=42

We have 7 PC's (5 wireless, 2 wired), 2 printers, a NAS, 2 iPads, Kindle and 4 smartphones using it and it handles it all w/o a problem. It has the fastest data throughput according to smallnetbuilder.com's testing.

Sam

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
Thanks for the info Sam.

scajjr

join:2005-03-01
Kingston, NH
Reviews:
·Comcast
If you haven't purchased one yet, Newegg has a 4-day special where you get a 500Gb USB3 external drive free when you buy a RT-N66U.

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···91-L014B

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
Thanks again, but I didn't know that I had an extended warranty on my Linksys E4200v2, so Cisco replaced the bad one. The new one is a refurb and works well.

I'm going to stay with that one for a while, and keep my eye on the RT-N66U and on other future Asus routers.